I now understand that "the Problem of Evil" is couched in atheist language and atheist principles, because it assumes theological things about God at all, which are not found in His Word. Some of these theological things being: That everyone is really good at heart and doesn't deserve pain at all. That the purpose that drives the "Problem of Evil" is to disprove belief in God through reason. That whole scale slaughters of people are crimes against humanity perpetrated by monsters, no matter who such total war is directed against. Meanwhile, God is completely beyond us and made this vast universe around us with very little effort. Therefore, we must be very careful to ever assume anything about such a God, that is outside what He reveals about Himself in His Word.
In fact, the ultimate question behind "the Problem of Evil" seems to be, when I reflect on my own pain and assume it is unwarranted: "How did you let this happen to me or them?" directed at our heavenly Father.
This shows many things: First, that the Problem of Evil assumes pain is always unwarranted, which is an assumption about how to answer cosmic questions beyond my pay grade as a human being. Second, that the Problem of Evil begs the question, "why must I suffer or others suffer at all?" which again is beyond my minuscule pay grade as just a human being. Third, that it begs the question, "why did God invent pain at all for any creatures?" A question we certainly can't answer from my own very minuscule perspective. Fourth, that I should always complain and argue when I am in pain, despite this being a sin. Fifth, Simply put, it is a Problem that I now see needs faith and distance from the Problem itself to beat, since it is Trojan horse that gives me the wrong mentality immediately. If I suffer, I must suffer even better than Job did, I must reach the heights of Jesus in his affliction. That is in fact what we are all to do all along. This was an amazing paragraph to me, as I have shown that what happened to Job when God showed up a long time ago, had to happen. Job was just a minuscule man before the time of Jesus Christ and the greater revelation we are given.
Having studied Christian apologetics for two and a half years back in the day, I can now say that apologists are getting something wrong entirely. It seems they are assuming we should play on the playing field of atheist minds (i.e. the minds of fools, maybe mockers) in some grand effort to convince them of a reasonable faith. As if such a thing is even allowed by the bible given (1 Corinthians 1:18-31). I must again start another post in the future on a hot topic, yay!
-EDIT-
In short the "Problem of Evil" is an atheist trap of mines just like the alluring things of this world like R rated movies or bawdy songs.
In fact, the ultimate question behind "the Problem of Evil" seems to be, when I reflect on my own pain and assume it is unwarranted: "How did you let this happen to me or them?" directed at our heavenly Father.
This shows many things: First, that the Problem of Evil assumes pain is always unwarranted, which is an assumption about how to answer cosmic questions beyond my pay grade as a human being. Second, that the Problem of Evil begs the question, "why must I suffer or others suffer at all?" which again is beyond my minuscule pay grade as just a human being. Third, that it begs the question, "why did God invent pain at all for any creatures?" A question we certainly can't answer from my own very minuscule perspective. Fourth, that I should always complain and argue when I am in pain, despite this being a sin. Fifth, Simply put, it is a Problem that I now see needs faith and distance from the Problem itself to beat, since it is Trojan horse that gives me the wrong mentality immediately. If I suffer, I must suffer even better than Job did, I must reach the heights of Jesus in his affliction. That is in fact what we are all to do all along. This was an amazing paragraph to me, as I have shown that what happened to Job when God showed up a long time ago, had to happen. Job was just a minuscule man before the time of Jesus Christ and the greater revelation we are given.
Having studied Christian apologetics for two and a half years back in the day, I can now say that apologists are getting something wrong entirely. It seems they are assuming we should play on the playing field of atheist minds (i.e. the minds of fools, maybe mockers) in some grand effort to convince them of a reasonable faith. As if such a thing is even allowed by the bible given (1 Corinthians 1:18-31). I must again start another post in the future on a hot topic, yay!
-EDIT-
In short the "Problem of Evil" is an atheist trap of mines just like the alluring things of this world like R rated movies or bawdy songs.
Last edited: