• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you play the Lottery?

Do you play the lottery?

  • Yes

    Votes: 6 15.8%
  • No

    Votes: 32 84.2%

  • Total voters
    38

donnA

Active Member
KenH said:
We just passed an amendment here in Arkansas last month to allow a state lottery so I voted yes as I intend to participate when it starts up sometime next year. I don't mind contributing a dollar a week to higher education. I don't see any difference in that and contributing a dollar to a local civic group for a chance to win a quilt or a gas card or a Wal-Mart card.

I view gambling the same way that I do drinking alcholic beverages - I see nothing wrong with doing either as long as it is done in moderation. Don't get drunk and don't contribute a dollar that you can't afford to lose.
Education is where they told ky the lottery money was going more then 20 yrs ago too when we first got lottery, and they held true, and started giving a small percentage to education last yr.
That money never goes where they tell you will, when they used ti to talk you into voting for it.
 

donnA

Active Member
SBCPreacher said:
KenH said:
I don't mind contributing a dollar a week to higher education./QUOTE]
Ken,
Not meaning to pick a fight at all, but why not just give your $ directly to the school? Why does it take a lottery to do that?
schools are always in need of supplies, basic stuff easy to get and drop off.
 

bobbyd

New Member
no go on the lotto here...and sadly as of the last election i now live in a lottery state. :BangHead:
 

Marcia

Active Member
No.

When I was a new believe, I went to lunch with a co-worker and she urged me to buy a lottery ticket. I was reluctant but did it as I could not come up with a reason not to, although I felt uncomfortable.

So she showed me how to pick numbers and I bought the ticket (or whatever you call it). After I did it, I was overwhelmed with a sense of guilt (this would not have been true before I was saved). I actually prayed that I would not win! Well, God answered that prayer!
 
Top