I didn't say denied, I said don't support. You could believe either way. If you want to believe that every time the Lord spoke of gehenna, He meant the lake of fire, then your going to have some problems with eternal security. This belief is rampant, and only exascerbated by the fact that many new versions selectively translate the words hades and gehenna as hell, or transliterate them. At least the NKJV is consistent in its error.
If both of these words are talking about the same place, then eternal security is not affected, and the KJV was well within reason to translate them all as Hell. When revelation shows hell being cast into the lake of fire, there is no confusion. When hades is thrown into the lake of fire, that almost forces the assumption that gehenna IS the lake of fire, although there is not a clear scriptural proof of this, rather a lot of conjecture and some emotionalism thrown in for good measure. Why does the NKJV call gehenna hell in the warnings to Christians, while transliterating Hades. Christians know what hell is, and Christians know what the lake of fire is.
If OSAS is true (and I hold it is true) then why is Christ warning His disciples of going to the lake of fire in the sermon on the mount? This false idea that gehenna is the lake of fire promotes a works based theology that is inconsistent with eternal salvation being a free gift.
I'm not trying to hijack a thread, so if you would care to discuss these things, I will be more than happy to do it in its appropriate place, but there are valid doctrinal differences between bible versions, and to ignore this fact does violence to reason.