1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dreams

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Feb 6, 2022.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A friend of mine was in a church about 30 years ago where one of the leading members claimed God had revealed to him the church should purchase an adjacent property AND give the owner 10 K above the asking price.

The church was considering it. I told my friend I would have been convinced if the man whom God had “revealed” this to had also claimed God told him to sell his $80,000 travel camper in order to pay for it.

My opinion… Any communication God gives to you doesn’t necessarily obligate me to do anything.

peace to you

• Like Like x 2
  2. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ex

was in a service where a guy said a few months earlier he was having a heart attack

then he saw the literal hand of God come down out of heaven and stop the heart attack and heal him

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Assuming the reader knows what a "waking dream" is, I have had a few of those. But one that stands out was in my teen years, after I had my motorcycle wreck and spent a year out of school recovering therefrom. One thing that happened during that time was that I started reading the Bible, and found much of it quite different from what I had thought, or was led to believe about it. This resulted in me withdrawing into my own personal cult for a while, judging my dad's crude humor and my family for the television shows they liked, as examples of my "application." But later, as I was beginning to break out of that cage within a cage [being homebound and alienating myself from the family], I had that waking dream of Jesus standing before by me in my room-- looking much like the common representations of him. He was giving me encouraging words about myself, though I can't remember exactly what the dream figure said, but I remember the voice sounded like
    the most perfect diction I could imagine.
    I have told this to a very limited number of people. But what I left out is what I'll say now ... 'He' wore glasses. For the record, it was another 10 years or so before I started wearing them. Maybe that was my subconscious telling me it means he does look at me. Anyway, that's the story-- I now think I was just reviewing my thoughts on perfection and judgment.

• Like Like x 1