Hello Johnv.
Yes? Then He did not love Esau.
No? Then it is by grace goes out the window.
I have your word and I have the bible which would you choose in my position? How do I tell my people that what they read is wrong and that word hate should have been love? Why do you hold to it? Your protest that you are not trying to support your belief that you have elected yourself falls on deaf ears.
Is grace required for salvation?On the contrary. The concept that God loves all (though he does not give grace to all, and does not save all) is consistent with scriptural doctrine.
Yes? Then He did not love Esau.
No? Then it is by grace goes out the window.
As it is written: Jacob I loved Esau I hated.However, teaching that God does not love all is inconsistent with scriptural doctrine.
That does not give you authority to change scripture does it? What of the translators, all wrong?Study of Masoric Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek were required courses in the degree program.
This is not the first time you have accused me of believing scripture.Yet you ignore the Hebrew meaning and context, in favor of your personal understanding of the English.
I do don't I. You seem to bring the worse out in me for some reason. I will try to do better I am sorry.This is the part in your posts where you get personally insulting. Typical.
I am. I asked if the Dutch translators have the same as the English to see if it is only the English that have a problem with hate. A cute move and why do you not answer it? It might be relevant if they have translated as you claim it should have been.Stick to the point:
What concern is that of mine we are discussing Romans 9?What's in the Hebrew source text?
That is wrong isn't it you said He did not bless him as He blessed Jacob?The Hebrew source text does not have any implication that God is withholding love from Esau.
If he, Esaudom, builds up what I knock down I will knock it down again sounds like hate not love. Might be He did this to them in love? It does not matter what they or he did if He loved them He would not destroy in love that makes love fail and love never fails. 1 Cor 13:8. You have a failure of love.Your Edom example does not support your scripturally false contention that God withheld love from Esau, either by inference or context.
I have no qualifications having retired from school at 15.Do you have degree and/or college level study in these languages?
I have your word and I have the bible which would you choose in my position? How do I tell my people that what they read is wrong and that word hate should have been love? Why do you hold to it? Your protest that you are not trying to support your belief that you have elected yourself falls on deaf ears.
Jacob was a sinner Esau was a sinner less? None of us can claim a righteousness of our own and none of us are better than another. We are sinners....you look at Jacob's life as a whole, it becomes pretty clear that he's not exactly the poster boy for righteous living, in some ways being less righteous than his brother.