They are not what I talked about. I understand your 2 words above, but my point is to "invent" them. Who invented them?Originally posted by natters:
"identified" or "categorized" would be better.
Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
They are not what I talked about. I understand your 2 words above, but my point is to "invent" them. Who invented them?Originally posted by natters:
"identified" or "categorized" would be better.
No, I talked about inventing "families" of MSS.Originally posted by natters:
Askjo said "They are not what I talked about. I understand your 2 words above, but my point is to "invent" them. Who invented them?"
They were not "invented".
No, God knew them, but He knew who did them.Originally posted by natters:
God invented them.
No, you misunderstand what I mean.Originally posted by natters:
No, scripture says God made everything.
Perhaps one problem with such "families" is that sometimes a manuscript placed in one "family" often has some readings that are supposedly unique to another "family."Originally posted by Askjo:
Families of manuscripts are listed:
1. The Alexandrian Family
2. The Western Family
3. The Caesarean Family
4. The Traditional Family
These manuscripts belonging to the same family have the same text. These MVs and the KJV were derived from them.
1. Do you believe in four families of manuscripts?
2. Who invented four families of manuscripts?
No one can identify all MSS because these MSS are like "orphan children."Originally posted by Askjo:
Families of manuscripts are listed:
1. The Alexandrian Family
2. The Western Family
3. The Caesarean Family
4. The Traditional Family
These manuscripts belonging to the same family have the same text. These MVs and the KJV were derived from them. I have lists of these MSS in each family, however I can't tell you too much details on them. I questioned myself concerning these families of MSS.
Let me ask you 2 questions:
1. Do you believe in four families of manuscripts?
2. Who invented four families of manuscripts?