1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Friday or Wednesday? Thursday?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 37818, Mar 18, 2023.

?
  1. Friday 30A.D. Nisan 14, Resurrection on Sunday Nisan 16

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Friday 30 A.D. Nisan 15, Resurrection on Sunday Nisan 17

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Friday 33A.D. Nisan 14, Resurrection on Sunday Nisan 16

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Friday nn A.D. Nisan nn. Resurrection on S _____ Nisan nn

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. Wednesday 30A.D. Nisan 14 Resurrection on Saturday 17

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Thursday 30 A.D. Nisan 15, Resurrection on Sunday Nisan 18

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  7. FRIDAY

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  8. THURSDAY

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  9. WEDNESDAY

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What Jewish calendar date was it according to ,Mark 14:12 being the day before?

2. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God did not address which calendar date but he did give us all the information we need in his word to know his mind. If you choose to make extra biblical resources your authority then that is your choices. I think it is a bad choice.

3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Duh. ". . . the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, . . ." Exodus 12:6-18.

4. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You believe your calendar and I will believe what I read and we will part as friends and I will just be left to wonder why you cannot follow the days laid out clearly in the scriptures.

5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL. You fail to understand that is exactly what I have done. R. A. Torrey in his book "Difficulties in the Bible" discussed his Wednesday view. Well, in 1969 I asked myself the question, was it Friday or Wednesday? I discovered it was Thursday! 1969 mind you. So I know a number of different views. Over 50 years.

6. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Day 6 (Friday to us) has been the end of the work week since God Finished creation. Day 7 (Saturday) was a rest day. After that, the day after the rest day, the weekly cycle begins all over again with day 1. If there is a certain purpose to be accomplished in the cycle, the day after the cycle can be referred to as the eighth day or the day after the sabbath simply because the sabbath is over.

The God ordained typology does not work with a Day 5 (Thursday) crucifixion and burial in the tomb and it is a sure fact that Jesus did not rise from the dead 72 hours from 3 PM on day 5 of the week.

The same typology that applied to our savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, is applied to the week of 7 days of one thousand years which God has divided time into for his own purposes in redeeming the family of man and renewing the perfect order on this earth. We are very near the end of day 6. Day 5 has passed and the predicted judgement on sinners has not happened. The next day after day 6 is called in scripture “the day of the LORD” and we are told it is a thousand year day, a sabbath rest for the earth, day 7, after God has destroyed the rebels out of it during the first seven years of the day. After this a new heaven and new earth in day 8, an eternal day where there will be no night. Day 8 is the day of new things.

I can not over emphasize how important the words of God are. They are spiritual words and they are Spirit taught. Our command is to believe them.

#126 JD731, Jul 11, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
  7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have repeated this many times. Day 6 begins Thursday evening and ends Friday evening being the beginning of day 7.

8. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is true. Jesus Christ died for us at 3 o’clock PM on day 6. This is 6 days after he came to Bethany. He died on the 9th hour of the day. It was dark when he was separated from God by spiritual death.

John 11:9-10
    9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
    10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

Day 6 of the week is day 1 of the gospel.

Day 1 is his death
    Day 2 is his burial
    Day 3 is his resurrection

Day 1 is Friday
    Day 2 is Saturday
    Day 3 is Sunday

Thank you for finally saying so plainly.

most of the time I struggle to know what your contention is, or even if you are contending. Your intelligence far exceeds mine.

9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We do not agree on the days. And I do not think you are hearing why. The view as you presented it is the majority view. But John 12:1-11 was not a Sabbath, so 6 days later cannot possibly be the 6th day of the week. Because John 12:12 could not be the 1st day of the week. Understand?

Whether you can agree with me or not, you can at the very least note what is being understood differently and why.

10. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

There were two days involved in John 12:1-12 as I have already pointed out. If Jesus came to Bethany 6 days before Passover it means he came in on a sabbath day,

John 12:1
    Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead.
    John 12:12
    On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,

One can track Jesus making his way from Ephraim to Jerusalem to keep the Passover and going through Jericho, which is 12 miles from Jerusalem, and then coming to the house of Zacchaeus. Jesus said he must stay at his house.

The world cannot contain the things Jesus did while he was here on the earth and few things comparatively were reported that he did or said. So why did he record the saving of Zacchaeus and say he must stay at his house. I think it was because he needed to enter Jerusalem on the 1st day of the week to fulfill prophesy and we need to know it. TheRe is no sabbath law to break during this whole week. Here is what he said.

Luke 19:11
    And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

They could go to Bethany from there without breaking the sabbath day traveling commandment. It was very important to do all things according to the prophetic type. From the time this week began on the first day of the week (John’s next day) until all things were done and Jesus was resurrected was 8 days, Sunday till Sunday if you will.

11. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It does not say it was a Sabbath. Food was prepared, which is never done on seventh day Sabbath. ". . . There they made him a supper; and Martha served: . . . ."

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six hour warning
    This thread will be closed no sooner than:

0701 GMT, (Wed) 301 am EDT (Wed) 1201 am PDT (Wed)

13. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Within every seven days there is a sabbath day. Therefore there must have been a sabbath at some point during the time of John 12:1, no?

14. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure why understanding this conversation took place late on the day of the resurrection if one merely counts backwards.He is bound by the text to settle on Friday as the day of the crucifixion.

Luke 24:12-21
    12 Then arose Peter, and ran unto the sepulchre; and stooping down, he beheld the linen clothes laid by themselves, and departed, wondering in himself at that which was come to pass.

13 And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.
    14 And they talked together of all these things which had happened.
    15 And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
    16 But their eyes were holden that they not know him.
    17 And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?
    18 And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days?
    19 And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:
    20 And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.
    21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed
    Feel free to start a new one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.