• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Good Fundamental Baptist Colleges??

Koontzy

New Member
I am planning on attending one... I will be doing the distance learning program, and using my GI Bill to pay for it... I want to be able to get a masters of divinity or possibly a DofM in the future, but I think I have to start off with a undergrad degree??? what good colleges are there? I live in Indiana btw, so something near would be nice... I have checked out Luther Rice and it looks good.... I know about Hyles anderson college but they dont offer distance learning..

thanks
 

Paul33

New Member
Liberty University, Liberty university, l berty uni ersit, li b y u i e s y , l y un . . . .


We say it so much on this board I am dumbfounded as to why people don't get it!

Check out LIBERTY UNIVERSITY!!!!!
 

Rhetorician

Administrator
Administrator
Spectrum

Koontzy said:
I am planning on attending one... I will be doing the distance learning program, and using my GI Bill to pay for it... I want to be able to get a masters of divinity or possibly a DofM in the future, but I think I have to start off with a undergrad degree??? what good colleges are there? I live in Indiana btw, so something near would be nice... I have checked out Luther Rice and it looks good.... I know about Hyles anderson college but they dont offer distance learning..

thanks

Koontzy,

Let me begin by saying that I am saying this for just a joke or tongue-n-cheek.

The IBFs are going to look hard down on you if you go to Liberty. So, do you want to go the "Jack Hyles School of Pastoral Leadership" type "church school":laugh: on the other end of the spectrum?

I just thought it was funny when I thought of it, although it may not be to you?!!!

Foodforthought!:thumbs:

sdg!

rd
 
Last edited by a moderator:

paidagogos

Active Member
Fundamentalist Baptist Colleges?

Koontzy said:
I am planning on attending one... I will be doing the distance learning program, and using my GI Bill to pay for it... I want to be able to get a masters of divinity or possibly a DofM in the future, but I think I have to start off with a undergrad degree??? what good colleges are there? I live in Indiana btw, so something near would be nice... I have checked out Luther Rice and it looks good.... I know about Hyles anderson college but they dont offer distance learning..

thanks
As Rhet has wisely pointed out, it depends on where you are in the spectrum. Because of the way you used the word fundamentalist, I would recommend one of the following:
On the other hand, I would suggest that you look at the following as well because you listed your denomination as SBC:
Of course, if you are looking at DE only, then your choices are more limited. Just remember there are some really good DE school and some less than wonderful DE schools. I do not recommend LBU, Andersonville, Bethany, Covington, etc. although they are not exactly degree mills. Then, there are the real degree mills.

Let me know what you think.
 

StefanM

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
If you would consider SBC schools, there is always Boyce College at Southern Seminary in Louisville.
 

John of Japan

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
Listen to Paidagogos. The others on this thread are only Fundamentalist wannabes! :thumbs: :smilewinkgrin: :tongue3: (JUST KIDDING, gentlemen--but not about the schools.)
 

Paul33

New Member
His original post stated that he is interested in distance learning.

His denomination is SBC.

The only logical choice is Liberty University.

Even fundamental churches of the NBBC, MBBC, PBBC type are starting to lighten up a little. My mom's home church just called a pastor with a degree from SBTS. This is the home church of the founder of NBBC.
 

StefanM

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
Koontzy,

Have you considered getting a degree from a local secular institution? You can do the M.Div. no matter what your undergrad degree was.
 

John of Japan

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
StefanM said:
It still says Southern Baptist!
Then you are not looking at the profile of Paidagogos! I just looked again, and his says independent, like it always has. :tongue3:
 

StefanM

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
John of Japan said:
Then you are not looking at the profile of Paidagogos! I just looked again, and his says independent, like it always has. :tongue3:

Indeed I am not! I was referring to the OP! Koontzy!:thumbs:
 

savethebaptists

New Member
Paul33 said:
The only logical choice is Liberty University.

Even fundamental churches of the NBBC, MBBC, PBBC type are starting to lighten up a little. My mom's home church just called a pastor with a degree from SBTS. This is the home church of the founder of NBBC.

just because the home church of Dr. patz called a pastor from SBTS, that doesn't mean that fundamental churches are beginning to loosen up a little. and besides Dr. patz has been dead for a while, so it should not be significant that his home chuch became a little bit looser. Both of my parents went to NBBC and they are serving the lord today. i plan on going to either BJU or UofM (university of Michigan)

Anyway i would recommend NBBC, BJU, PBBC, FBBC, WBBC, ABC
i would not recommend PCC, MBBC, LBU:thumbs:
oh yeah, i am writing this from my IFB point of view
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Preacher Boy88

New Member
If you want a truly fundamental college then don't go to Liberty. They're as far from the right type of Fundamental as cheese is from ice cream.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

John of Japan

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
savethebaptists said:
just because the home church of Dr. patz called a pastor from SBTS, that doesn't mean that fundamental churches are beginning to loosen up a little. and besides Dr. patz has been dead for a while, so it should not be significant that his home chuch became a little bit looser. Both of my parents went to NBBC and they are serving the lord today. i plan on going to either BJU or UofM (university of Michigan)

Anyway i would recommend NBBC, BJU, PBBC, FBBC, WBBC, ABC
i would not recommend PCC, MBBC, LBU:thumbs:
oh yeah, i am writing this from my IFB point of view
From a fellow IFB, why would you not recommend MBBC? My son graduated from there, and he and I graduated from there last year (on furlough) with our MA, and found it to be a wonderful school.
 

Paul33

New Member
Same question. Why would you not recommend MBBC?

I've also spoken to a lot of "fundamental" pastors who are no longer opposing every one who is "outside" their camp. Mohler has done a lot to bridge the gap between SBs and independent fundamental Baptists.

So I think it is very significant that FBC called a pastor with SBTS training!
 
Top