A Preacher 4 Him:All I have to say
is that it is a good thing that the KJV isn't copyrighted...
Duhh...it IS copyrighted, & it has been since its inception...first, by Sir Robt. Barker, Royal printer to QE 1 and KJ1. The copyright is now held by the British Crown, which gives printing rights to the universities of Oxford & Cambridge, Eyre & Spottiswoode Co. & to Collins Co.(now Harper Collins). Don't believe it? Just ask the British Embassy.
Because in a generation or two all of these, yes confusing translations will be
even greater in number and the ones people prise today will be long forgotten...
I doubt it.
Even the NIV will not make it two more generations (it was after all only a NON T.R. "dynamic equivilen" revolt from the litteral KJV anyways - which it largely was successful at unfortunately) ... But, with all of the money driving these translation printings you can bet they will continue to feed the next curiosity.
As if money didn't drive the KJV printings! The AV 1611 bore the king's TAX STAMP. And the AV wasn't exactly given away. In fact, the geneva bible remained the 'peoples' choice' for awhile because it was priced far lower than the AV was. And even today, no one prints any version for free.
If the KJV was copyrighted it would be in the hands of the wrong, confusing, transitory, NON T.R. people.... point being if you "ain't" translating from the correct text or your "ain't" translating literally... then you "ain't" providing a reliaible translation.... The KJV would be "out of print" faster than you could shake a stick...
Truthfully, I'm GLAD I have two copyrighted KJV editions, because I know they're genuine products!
I know many won't believe me, but the attack of the KJV has been on for years, but since it is not copyrighted the common man will have it so long as men speak English or Christ comes.
For that I am thankful...
I dunno where your "knowledge" of copyrights comes from, but a copyright appearing in an edition of ANY book is an assurance that it's the genuine article, worded just as it was when it was submitted for copyright. Since you're such a big fan of the KJV, ya oughtta be happy it IS copyrighted, as ya know you're getting the real thing.
God's providence has already proven the KJV to be an annointed translation work worthy of praise.... perfect? no... But, tried, tested, literal, translated from the Preserved T.R. absolutely.....
It's just one in a long series of English Bible translations.
God save the KJV from the modern attacks, and the diluting of modern translations..
God save the English-using people from the myth that the KJV is the ONLY valid English Bible translation out there...