• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have you ever been involved in a church that split?

Have you ever attended a church that split?

  • Yes, but it was way after I was a member there.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know if I have or not.

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    32

padredurand

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
mcdirector said:
Poor padre . . . :tear:

Awww, thanks, mc. Can I have a hug?

I was pastoring in a denomination that will remain nameless but it sounds like United Methwithus. Anyway, the powers that be were fixing to drum me out for being a loud-mouthed Bible thumper so I left and moved 4 hours away. About a month after we left folk were calling saying stuff like, "This person ain't even saved!" Long and the short of it was a year later all but six of the folks from one of the churches and about 25 from the other one planted a new work and called me to be their pastor.
 

Tom Butler

New Member
Our church divided over relocation, and some other underlying issues. We were left small, but totally unified. It has remained so for 20 years. We're still small, but the harmony is great, and the love among the people is a great blessing.

I vowed I'd never go through another one, unless it involved heresy. Most conflicts are over power and influence, and I won't be part of a power struggle. Whoever is my pastor gets my support, and if I disagree with him, he'll be the only one who knows it.
 

chuck2336

Member
The last church I was at had a few people who got upset over some things they said I had done or haven’t done.

I confessed to making some young and dumb mistakes. But those folks were not going to forgive anything and were not interested in reconciliation. They even went as far as to change the locks on the church.

I have been away from there since the end of September and I still hear the things they are saying about me.

It was such a bad thing my kids (ages 15 and 10) are struggling in their walk. My daughter has said she can no longer trust “church people”
 

mcdirector

Active Member
Tom Butler said:
Our church divided over relocation, and some other underlying issues. We were left small, but totally unified. It has remained so for 20 years. We're still small, but the harmony is great, and the love among the people is a great blessing.

I vowed I'd never go through another one, unless it involved heresy. Most conflicts are over power and influence, and I won't be part of a power struggle. Whoever is my pastor gets my support, and if I disagree with him, he'll be the only one who knows it.

Amen, Brother Tom!
 
Top