Every morning I wake up think "Darn I am still here!" :BangHead: but it's only for a second or so. Then brain comes to life as I wake, and I remember I love my family, I would miss them, they need me.
I believe I was born wanting to die, don't know any different, and still fantasize about it. Like TC2 said, the different scinereo's of dying are inviting, but knowing they are not fool proof is not comforting.
Maybe once a year, for about 24 hrs, my brain thinks I ought to die. It engulfs my mind so I have no control to deviate the thought. I lock myself in my room, have no communication with anyone, and pop a wellbutrin (so now it's not as bad) to wait it out. I pray if the thoughts allow me to comprise the words in between shouts in my brain. Sometimes I throw up. It doesn't usually last long, maybe 24
long hours, not sure why that is. I am aware I am not entertaining it, and have little control.
June 30th of this year I slid down a dam. It was a great thing. I glanced prior to slipping so I knew of the little rock sticking up. Then I rode it in a position like one would ride a waterslide (love those Cal Expo Waterslides

). I had finally gotten my wish! What a powerful feeling it was to know I had the choice to live or not. I knew I could land on the small rock I had seen, though most folks would probably disagree. To my surprise, I was really gaining speed. Those dam rocks are so polished and slippery from the constant water, and moss.
I landed perfectly on my feet on the small rock. Except quickly then my feet flew off the slippery rock above my head. I looked down and saw the huge boulders below at the bottom and knew I was gong to die. It was so peaceful, a happy feeling. But then I felt I hit my head and landed on my tailbone (my butt) perfectly on to the small rock. As I came to, I thought “No way” God what are you doing?
But then I was elated he spared me

! We all shouldn't have ignored those no trespassing signs to take a quick dip in the water.
I am lucky. I believe I am not as depressed as many people. But it hasn't always been that way.
Back to the story, I should have waited for a helicopter, but that would be expensive. $22,000.00 to be exact. So I climbed out, and rode my bike to the road. We are now members of CalStar for only $25 a year. If I fall again, the helicopter ride will be free

!