How did this change me?
When it first happened I remember I could do nothing for about 3 or 4 days. I did not even check this message board, let alone post on it. I was glued to my tv and spent much time in prayer. I prayed for the victims and thier families, for all those involved, including those who caused it.
It really opened my eyes to a lot of things. One thing I have been praying for and still pray for is that this tragedy, will somehow lead others to Christ. For those who are hurting, for those who suddenly had to face things they wanted to forget, may they turn to God for the answers. We hear of many saying God Bless America now. Each time I hear, or read those words, I pray that someone, somewhere really meant it as they never had before.
Now, almost a month later, I still remember and my prayer remains the same. I also have had a much stronger conviction to share the truth with others. What if it had been a loved one of mine that died that day, a loved one that didn't know Christ? I can't let time go on, can't make excuses anymore. I must try to reach as many as my loved ones as I can with gospel. The tragedy itself already opens windows of opportunities to share the gospel, for as the nation mourns, they seek hope. I just pray that I will speak boldly always from this moment on.
How did it change me? It opened my eyes to my own self indulgences and excuses that kept me from fully serving the Lord. How will it effect me? I hope that I will continue to stand firm and follow Him always, speaking boldly the truth in love.
~Lorelei