I don't follow your logic.
How would a monetary system in which a dollar is pegged to a unit of gold prevent the government from establishing the income tax?
Bumped for Poncho
Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
I don't follow your logic.
How would a monetary system in which a dollar is pegged to a unit of gold prevent the government from establishing the income tax?
Bumped yet again for Poncho.
I'm surprised by his lack of participation.
It is his contention that the fiat money system is responsible for his lack of freedoms - yet when called upon to explain it in everyday language he drops out of the discussion.
Very curious.
I don't follow your logic.
How would a monetary system in which a dollar is pegged to a unit of gold prevent the government from establishing the income tax?
Get well, Poncho!Been having some trouble with my hip lately. 15 or 20 minutes at the desk is about all I'm good for right now.
65 TRILLION dollars.
It is his contention that the fiat money system is responsible for his lack of freedoms
How is your life impacted by the FIAT money system
Been having some trouble with my hip lately. 15 or 20 minutes at the desk is about all I'm good for right now.
But I did find an informative article you're welcome to look over while I'm on the mend. :smilewinkgrin:
According to the 2008 Financial Report of the United States Government, which is an official United States government report, the total liabilities of the United States government, including future social security and medicare payments that the U.S. government is already committed to pay out, now exceed 65 TRILLION dollars. This amount is more than the entire GDP of the whole world.
In fact, there are other authors who have written that the actual figure for the future liabilities of the U.S. government should be much higher, but let's be conservative and go with 65 trillion for now.
So, if the U.S. government took control of all physical assets in the United States and sold them off, it could not even make enough money to pay for everything that the U.S. government is already on the hook for.
Ouch.
The "hook" was set in 1913.
Again - not looking for articles...
I'm looking for real examples from your own personal life.'
You are the one who claims to have lost freedoms because of the fiat money system.
How about a couple of real and personal examples of freedoms that you personally have lost due to a fiat money system?
This really shouldn't be so hard for you.
That's a lot of words for a non-answer.
Too much for ya to handle, eh? Figures.
BTW thanks for asking about my hip.
No - I simply asked for personal examples of how the fiat money system effects you.
You have none.
What else is there to handle?
I trust that you are doing better ?
If money is not diluted, it IS a store of value. I should be able to save money for a rainy day without the government stealing my purchasing power from me by force through taxation and inflation. I should be able to take that money when I need to spend it and buy things tomorrow just as I can today. In fact, if society is allowed to progress properly through innovation to make goods and services more readily available, my spending money in the future would actually buy more.>You are entirely deluded if you think that creating "money" out of thin air actually creates real wealth.
"Money" is not a store of value/wealth. MONEY functions as a govenment endorsed IOU that can be exchanged for goods and services.
It doesn't.How would a monetary system in which a dollar is pegged to a unit of gold prevent the government from establishing the income tax?