Russell, thanks for the debate. I'm not going to take the time to go through the whole doctrine here, but I'll make a few more comments and probably leave it at that.
Actually, thats exactly the reason I'm not crazy about it.....I don't think its the truth according to scriptures.
Then all our points are worthless because you're not going to change my mind and apparently I'm not going to change yours. With your position you are going to have to say that all infants go to hell, otherwise you are going against what you say Scripture teaches. Everyone conceived has a sin nature (I assume you will agree). Infants, abortions, etc. don't accept Christ by faith and are condemned by their sin nature. Thus, according to what you are arguing here, they have to go to hell. How do you get around what you say Scripture teaches to allow any infant, abortion, etc. into heaven? At least come out and say they all go to hell and be consistent with what you say Scripture teaches.
John 3: 17-18 says that the one who does not believe is condemned already They are already condemned, and the only way out of that death sentence is through faith.
Look again at what the verse says. (Take out the comma because it shouldn't be there). "but he that believeth not is condemned already because he hath not believed..." It does not say they are condemned already because they have a sin nature. It does not say they are condemned already because of any other sins. It says they are condemned already because they have not believed. Again, NO BELIEF is the ONLY thing that condemns them.
First of all... Furthermore... A murderer...
You're losing me here. I guess I'm not following your terminology. Condemnation, (Greek word krima) is basically the same thing as judgment. I already stated in my last post that a person is condemned, i.e. judged, because of their sinful deeds. It is the basis for their degree of punishment in hell.
Another good verse is I John 2:2.
Yes, and we benefit from that propitiation only through faith. (Romans 3 again)
Right. You benefit from it because you believed. The unsaved don't benefit from it because they don't believe. But just because they don't benefit from it doesn't change the fact that Christ paid for it. Read I John 2:2 again: "And he is the propitiation for our sins (those who believe - John is writing to Christians here): and not for ours (the people who have believed) only, but ALSO for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD." (this includes everyone who hasn't believed). Christ is the propitiation for the sin(s) of the saved and He is the propitiation for the sin(s) of the unsaved.
I already mentioned the Romans passage in my first post.
And that says nothing about the the benefits of the cross being APPLIED to every single person. The benefits of Christ's obedience come to all who are in Him, in the same way that the detriments of Adams disobedience come to all who are in him.
And that says nothing about the the benefits of the cross being APPLIED to every single person.
It doesn't??? Romans 5:18 "...so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life." If "all men" isn't every single person then I don't know what "all men" is.
Trotter, I like the verses you shared as well. Good stuff!
Russell, like I said earlier, the only conclusion of your doctrine is that all babies go to hell. I just wish you would come out and say it and be consistent with your beliefs. I know people who believe that all babies go to hell. But at least they are consistent and come out and say that's what they believe. I just feel sorry for them when they have to go to the funeral of an infant, go up to the parents, and say, "I'm sorry about your baby. Too bad it will be in hell for eternity. Ephesians 2 makes it clear that your baby is condemned because of his nature..."
My belief that all babies are in heaven is consistent with my doctrine, even though you don't agree with it. To me it is crystal clear. All babies are in heaven based upon what I believe the Bible clearly teaches.
I trust I have not been offensive in any way. Thank you for your interest and input and I will cease my remarks on this topic.
Russell, u-r-a-blessing. Trotter, u-r-a-blessing. I Am Blessed 16, u-r-a-blessing. God bless!