1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In Remission!

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Aug 18, 2023.

1. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. And I don't think EWF is wrong either. I voiced my curiosity into the begging and pleading for a person to stay out of heaven.

2. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure Hezekiah is a good example since his extended life lead to the demise and destruction of Judah.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothings in my control, it’s spiritual warfare and I’m not ready to give my wife up to death, especially if neither of us is ready for that eventuality, rather we take it to Him for His decision and then we get out of the way but we do ask and plead and believe in His justice and mercy.

I Recently lost an uncle, only 10 years older than me… we grew up together and he was like a brother to me… we were close. He got pancreatic cancer a few years and I prayed. My mother was his older sister and she died of pancreatic cancer too. I can recall being inside a church, praying my heart out … she was my hero in many ways and she wanted to see her grandkids grow but God took her. But I don’t think it’s a roll of the dice… I can and will keep praying and praying and asking cause I believe he can make someone well provided we ask.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW, my wife is in remission now, the doctors have run extensive tests and couldn’t find any cancer in her body…from the doctors perspective, she is cancer free. And I’m going to take that diagnosis and praise Him for what time He has given us. In Jesus name, all the glory belongs to Him!

5. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't disagree with anything you've said. Perhaps I am hardened by never seeing anyone with cancer survive, despite treatments. I have seen doctors pump poisons for a year or two, only to see cancer shrug it off and kill its victims. At some point I have just acknowledged that God gave the go ahead to cancer and I had to study more about heaven so that I longed to go there rather than longing for people to stay here.

So, once again, I am not judging you. If anything I feel a sense of resignation to never seeing cancer defeated in my personal experience. Therefore, I don't struggle with God over cancer. I just turn, thank Him for the blessing of the fellowship and hand the person into God's hand to do as God pleases.

6. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is always in the picture... You should hear my story... But if you think cancer is in control I recommend this movie called Living Proof... If God did not intervene with this doctor, millions of women would be dead... Including my wife and maybe this movie will give you a different perspective... Brother Glen:)

7. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll try to find it on streaming.
    I see it got a 75 on Rotten Tomatoes.
    I know God uses science to help with healing and I am grateful for it. It seems, however, that all we are doing is prolonging life on a broken planet instead of embracing entrance to the place Jesus is preparing for us. Why do we fight against going home or having our loved ones go home?
    For the unsaved, yes, I pray God heals them before they perish in their sins. I pray for all unsaved people that God would do a miracle in physically and spiritually healing them. For Christians, I don't know how to pray. Paul said that it was better to go to heaven, but his time wasn't up so he was going to keep ministering the gospel. I think that when it's time for God to bring his children home, why should I not let them go.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that how Jesus felt as he healed the sick and raised the dead? What about Lazarus, why bring the man back from the dead, ask yourself that! He clearly displayed his power over death that’s clear, however that would even be marked by another death eventually. My point is He is creator and He has sovereignty over our lives… and our time in death and in Heaven is only temporary. There is life after death, we like Christ come back into this world with spiritualized bodies … and that’s his plan, to conquer death and to bring us back to where we were originally supposed to be before we fell under the corruptible influences of sin. And that is the Inevitability of the ultimate power of our God… that all things will be made new through Christ.

9. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen

God will do what God desires to do and those he saves will be brought to him and come back with him to reign on this earth forevermore.

My comments have been about praying for something that God, in my life, has always, 100% of the time, said "No, I will not heal them. Weep for your pain, pick yourself up, and worship me in your grief." There seems to be only one prayer that counts." Father, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes but God has heard the prayers of people and has sometimes healed them. At other times he had other plans. None of us get out of life alive however there are times he hears our prayers and is merciful. Jirios daughter, Christ comes into the house and they tell Christ, you are too late. He tells them the girl is not dead, merely sleeping. Little girl, get up and she gets up. Also another expression… “your faith has healed you” and if you have the faith the size of a musters seed you could say to this mountain….
    So there is a large faith element involved in it. So when I pray for my wife’s health, I’m sincerely expressing my faith in God and that’s all He wants and all I can do, again I put it all, every bit of it in his hands.

11. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If God is going to bring a person home are we going to stand in his way of them leaving?... Then why did God save my wife and put her on a mission, he could have used someone else... Why her?... Why not someone else?... I'll tell you why because when Women talk to her, they listen... When you been through something like Breast Cancer and survived, people listen... What about praising God in the here and now?... What about those who have gone through what she gone through and God still takes them?... He could take any of us at any time if that is his will... Nothing could be wrong with us and we just drop dead... Our hands are in Gods hands and there no guarantee we may even see tomorrow... So quit talking about the doom and gloom when you have an inheritance waiting... I had and N.D.E ( Near Death Experience) in Vietnam 50 years ago... I could have died, six of my friends did... Three years later I joined the church, why was I spared and not them?... Since then I have been bless by God everyday... I've been here seventy-seven years and when it comes my time I'm ready to leave... I'm an old timer on here and been here quite a while... Many know me and of me... Like someone told me as you serve the Lord put on your grace clothes not your grave clothes... Welcome to the BB... Brother Glen:)

#31 tyndale1946, Aug 20, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2023
  12. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glen, we agree that God keeps us for his glorious purpose, which we do not understand. We will go to glory only at God's beckoning time. No sooner and no later. At some point we have to rest in that fact.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sometimes I long for that rest because I will be with my child and most of the people I love who have come before me. However I was put here for a reason(s) sometimes not realized by me… but He knows. Mostly it’s to glorify and praise him to inhabiting this world… fishers of men if you will. What’s more to display that to others and I can’t do that dead. Plus, I’m not ready to give up the ghost yet. My life is now a testimony of how an honestly terrible sinner can change. God is good that way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now for the rest of the story before I met Pam I'm now married to I had been married to another Charlotte for 30 years... I lost her to Kidney Cancer... A lovely Christian lady... God took, her and was I bitter... I told God I quit, you take over... He did and soon I met another lovely Christian lady Pam... A year later we got married... And in 2014 she went in for her yearly mammogram and she was told you have Breast Cancer... I asked God are you going to take this one too?... We had no idea if she would live or die... But through all the preventative steps she went through and by the amazing grace of God... God spared her... Not only did he spare her, he set her on fire... She has a mission and is a survivor and helps those through her church ministry, no matter weather you go to our church or not, weather your a believer or not... Male or female, age doesn't matter, if you have any type of Cancer, she and her group help... Her mission motto is "NONE GOES THROUGH CANCER ALONE!"... I know and my wife Pam knows and EWF and his wife Pam knows... And now you know... God spares us for HIS reason... Brother Glen:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW, praying and being in spiritual warfare puts you squarely in the army of God… you are clearly one of his, a child of God and there are blessings derived from that commitment and devotion to Him… I rest in that.

Psalms 23:4

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.”

16. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just an update!... We just got some good news... The mission Pam started and from an article she posted, other churches are taking notice and also want to know how to start one in their area... Instead of telling them what to do, she's going to invite them to a meeting and they can see for themselves what they do and maybe give input to even make it better... GOD'S LOVE IN ACTION... In this sinful world... Brother Glen:)

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't understand how praying for another believer to not go to heaven, but stay on earth is spiritual warfare. Explain how you view it as spiritual warfare please.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My Pam just read your testimony and your wife’s accomplishments … she says your Pam is a warrior! I concours and my compliments to you all. God bless!!!

19. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree but GOD IS THE CHIEF!... Brother Glen:)

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simple, Satan is involved in all this. He wants you to become resigned to an early death… to give up hope. But consistent prayer to theLord reinforces your commitment to the Lord. Need to recognize that Satan is a lier and he wants to rob you of your faith and confidence in Christ. Plus he wants you so filled with dread and fear that you can’t cope. Spiritual warfare proves yourself a believer…,you demand that the devil depart from you and you put your faith and trust in God evoking the name of Jesus Christ as you do!