1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Alistair Begg Right?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by SavedByGrace, Jan 22, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God’s judgment is still there as well. Do not attend the ceremony (it isn’t a wedding in the eyes of God). Send them a powerful message that God does care for them. He cares so much He will not condone their sin. He will not ignore it. He will not allow His institution of marriage to be mocked by vile, unnatural acts of him:se:uality.

By going, you are supporting this sin, whether you think so or not.

People are not going to think, “oh look, there is a Christian. God must love these folks in spite of their sin”

People are going to say, as you did earlier in this thread, “God doesn’t care if they get married. God has bigger fish to fry” This is no big deal… or more likely… God condones and embraces their “love” for one another.

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Christina1

Christina1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Peace to you as well, Brother.

I think God does have bigger fish to fry. I think God would rather see two people love each other to the best of their ability rather than seeing those same people fighting with each other and judging each other from a place of self-righteousness. And that is something us Christians could humbly learn from the gay couple. I know it's a cliche but it goes back to the expression: "Make love, not war".

There are things that grieve the heart of God. But this issue of whether or not to attend a gay wedding of your own family members is not the hill we have to die on. Pastor Begg is advocating for connection. The relationships we have with each other here on earth are more important than nitpicking each other's sins. We should not be acting as the Pharisees did, refusing to associate with our own family because they are not holy enough for us. No. We need to invest in our relationships with each other and with our family members and respect the fact that God has given everyone freewill to make their own choices. We have all missed the mark from time to time. Have enough grace to bear with the choice your family member has made, even if you feel that it's the wrong choice.

Jesus ate at the table with Judas even though he knew what was to happen.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right :Laugh No way would I defy God by going to celebrate a homosexual sinful get together! That would mean I’m condoning it… forget that! My commitment is to God, not some social misfits denial of God. They will get my prayers, my council, my concern for there welfare but they are turning their backs on the Lord and that’s a deadly no no.:rolleyes:

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can they procreate? Be fruitful and multiply, so how do they do that exactly?

5. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    What you have stated is worldly sentimental nonsense that denies the sinfulness of the act while bringing false accusations against the brethren for standing on scripture and with God.

Our connection with God is of foremost importance. Attending a g:y “wedding” harms our own relationship with God by disobeying His commands, mocking His institution for marriage, and corrupting His Word by using the command to “love one another” as a sledge hammer to force Christians to accept what God has called “vile”, “unnatural” and an “abomination”.

Jesus didn’t condemn the woman caught in adultery, but He told her “sin no more”. By attending such a ceremony a person is stating “go ahead and sin all you want. God only cares if you love each other”

It is a lie straight from the mouth of Satan.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes He died so that all could be saved but only those that trust in the risen Christ will be saved. Do you think those that live in open sin will trust in Christ?

7. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    But we are not to support them either. When you attend a gay union then you are giving your endorsement to that union. {an act of giving one's public approval or support to someone or something}

So you can stand on your, well Jesus would have done it, excuse but the bible says you are wrong. He did not endorse anyone's sins so the question for you is why do you do it?

8. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no stones in my hand. Jesus didn't either. AND HE TOLD THE WOMAN CAUGHT IN ADULTERY TO GO AND SIN NO MORE!!!!!! JESUS STOOD FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS!!

He did not walk her graciously back to the man she was screwing!

I'm crying at this post and can't respond right now. I should close the thread.

I think I have the answer to your belief system. Do you attend a progressive church? You don't have to answer

As I said, I won't be back.

#168 Scarlett O., Jan 30, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  9. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you would have backed up a few verses you would see that the application you have placed on vs 8-10 is in error. Peter is writing to believers who at one time had lived in the lusts of the flesh. They are told to love their fellow believers, not the lifestyle they had been in.

Truth without love is too hard; Love without truth is too soft

You say we show truth with no love but how much love do you show when you condone open sin.

You want to show love without truth so you do not offend anyone. As my dad used to say, "You can love someone so much you love them right into hell"

10. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry but my bible does not contain the words "condone open sin". To not tell someone that they are living in sin and need to repent and trust in God for their salvation is not loving.

11. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    when they are convicted of their sins by the Holy Spirit, and respond to this positively. We are all "sinners" before the Holy God of the Bible. Those of us who accept what the Bible says about our sinful condition , and the certainty of eternal punishment, and then were to repent and believe, we are saved. Nothing is too difficult for our Awesome God!

12. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    By attending your testimony is that your faith is not that important as you are willing to compromise your values.

13. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem to be working very hard to justify the flesh and denying what the bible tells us. Christ did not compromise with sin but you seem willing to do so.

When you attend this function are you going to make sure that they all know that as a Christian you disagree with the union but because you want to show your love you attended. NO You will just be on of those that attended and supported the choice to live in open sin. Your testimony will be questionable at best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    True, anyone can be saved. The question is do you think those that are living in open sin actually trust in Christ. Should have left out the word "will" as it lead too confusion.

15. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christians do backslide as king David did, they might still be trusting in Jesus but not following Him and the teachings of the Bible

16. Christina1

Christina1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Scarlett...
    I didn't mean to upset you. I'm sorry.

This is a very emotional topic for many of us.

I won't make any more posts on this thread. I've made the best argument I can for my position on the Alastair Begg controversy. There's nothing more that I can say.

17. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, thank you for sticking around and continuing the debate. I wish you well.

peace to you

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Christina1

Christina1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Peace to you as well! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you should close this thread as it is getting too much personal

20. Christina1

Christina1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm sorry. This is your thread that you created. I didn't mean for this to happen.

We all feel really passionately about this. We have family and friends who are effected by this. It really is a personal topic for everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.