Baptist in Richmond said:
I sure do, and I am curious as to whether or not you are implying that the people who own FNM are in fact NOT stockholders, or owners of the company. Is that what you are implying?
I'm not implying anything. Just correcting an obvious error of yours.
The implications are all yours.
One can only assume that the reason you mistakenly/deliberately? identified Fannie Mae as a "private" corporation was to imply that they are basically just like any other corporation...,an obvious attempt to mislead or misinform on your part.
Got any idea how many federally chartered and stockholder-owned GSEs there are?
While you're at it, maybe you can tell us what gives the President of the United States the right to appoint members to the board of directors...since you seem to be making a case that Fannie Mae is pretty much like any other corporation?
Does the President have the right do that for IBM and General Motors as well?