• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the Anti KJVO Movement making a difference?

Phillip

<b>Moderator</b>
Back to the subject. I don't think the KJVO movement will go very far. Of course, then again there are a lot of cultish beliefs that have gone far and stayed strong and even grow.

After all, these may very well be the end times and Satan is working over-time to confuse people with unimportant doctrines to take their mind off of the Biblical and Scriptural Doctrines that are very clear to all those who seek them.

The example shown here is irrationality in a belief. When the believer of such a belief gets cornered then they respond without providing answers, obviously frustrated because their belief can find no basis of truth in scriptures.

I honestly don't think that such an irrational and non-biblical belief will get very far in our Baptist Churches, in answering the original question.

One of the KJVO members mentioned that they had 200 or so and growing. Well, the Mormon church has several million or so and is growing faster than the protestant faith put together. This does NOT make their beliefs any more accurate.

For the way of the Lord is narrow.

Can a person be a Christian and be a KJVO. Emphatically---yes. But, I can also believe that God created this earth in 20 million years using evolution to come up with man and still accept the Lord Jesus and become a Christian.

I can have all sorts of sorted beliefs that may have an effect on my growth as a Christian and my witness, but I still can get into heaven.

That is the reason we can debate the KJVO doctrine, but the spread of the doctrine is scary because it is not the only unbiblical doctrine that has attacked the church in recent years.

Notice that the belief itself causes the believers to make false claims, such as MV likers hate the KJV or believe it is not inerrant. The Word of God is inerrant. The printed translation will have errors. God's doctrine will be the same forever, because God Himself is the same today, yesterday and in the future. Even my NASB tells me that.

Even I am guilty of what I am about to say: How much time have we spent fussing together as Christians over this doctrine that could have been used to work together to bring a person to the Lord? But, instead we spend our time fighting a new belief that will only confuse new Christians. No wonder people aren't being saved in big numbers today; we Christians are busy putting out fires in our own groups. And KJVOnlyism is just one of the blazes springing up right now.

There, that's my answer to how the KJVO movement will have an effect on today's churches.
 

michelle

New Member
--------------------------------------------------
Then 'splain somethin' to me. How can it mean that when "His Words" the Gospels that we rely on for faith in Jesus Christ were not written until several hundred years after that. It kind of flies in the face of "thou shalt preserve them from THIS generation for ever."

---------------------------------------------------


And the scriptures explain this to which I have provided also, to which I will one more time share with you:

John 5

24. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
25. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
26. For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
27. And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
28. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29. And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
30. I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
31. If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
32. There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
33. Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.
34. But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.
35. He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.
36. But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
37. And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
38. And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
39. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
40. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
41. I receive not honour from men.
42. But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
43. I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
44. How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
45. Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
46. For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
47. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?


Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
 

natters

New Member
michelle said "This is a very nice EXCUSE to hide behind. "

I'm not hiding behind anything, nor is it an excuse for anything. I'm just making an observation.

God said he's preserve his words, and didn't specify an exclusive translation. I believe God preserved his words, and I don't specify an exclusive translation. Those that believe God preserved his words, and say it's in an exclusive translation, have, like the serpent in the garden, added to what God has said, twisting it just enough to make it sound good but having no authority nor scripture to back up their claim.
 

natters

New Member
Here is proof for my position. It is self-explanatory. If you don't understand, you will only understand when you understand:

John 5

1 After these things there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
2 Now there is in Jerusalem by the sheep gate a pool, which is called in Hebrew Bethesda, having five porches.
3 In these lay a multitude of them that were sick, blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.
4 for an angel of the Lord went down at certain seasons into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the waters stepped in was made whole, with whatsoever disease he was holden.
5 And a certain man was there, who had been thirty and eight years in his infirmity.
6 When Jesus saw him lying, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wouldest thou be made whole?
7 The sick man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.
8 Jesus saith unto him, Arise, take up thy bed, and walk.
9 And straightway the man was made whole, and took up his bed and walked. Now it was the sabbath on that day.
10 So the Jews said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath, and it is not lawful for thee to take up thy bed.
11 But he answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk.
12 They asked him, Who is the man that said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk?
13 But he that was healed knew not who it was; for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in the place.
14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing befall thee.
15 The man went away, and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him whole.
16 And for this cause the Jews persecuted Jesus, because he did these things on the sabbath.
17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh even until now, and I work.
18 For this cause therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only brake the sabbath, but also called God his own Father, making himself equal with God.
19 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father doing: for what things soever he doeth, these the Son also doeth in like manner.
20 For the Father loveth the Son, and showeth him all things that himself doeth: and greater works than these will he show him, that ye may marvel.
21 For as the Father raiseth the dead and giveth them life, even so the Son also giveth life to whom he will.
22 For neither doth the Father judge any man, but he hath given all judgment unto the Son;
23 that all may honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He that honoreth not the Son honoreth not the Father that sent him.
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth him that sent me, hath eternal life, and cometh not into judgment, but hath passed out of death into life.
25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour cometh, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God; and they that hear shall live.
26 For as the Father hath life in himself, even so gave he to the Son also to have life in himself:
27 and he gave him authority to execute judgment, because he is a son of man.
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour cometh, in which all that are in the tombs shall hear his voice,
29 and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of judgment.
30 I can of myself do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is righteous; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
32 It is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
33 Ye have sent unto John, and he hath borne witness unto the truth.
34 But the witness which I receive is not from man: howbeit I say these things, that ye may be saved.
35 He was the lamp that burneth and shineth; and ye were willing to rejoice for a season in his light.
36 But the witness which I have is greater than that of John; for the works which the Father hath given me to accomplish, the very works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
37 And the Father that sent me, he hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his form.
38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he sent, him ye believe not.
39 Ye search the scriptures, because ye think that in them ye have eternal life; and these are they which bear witness of me;
40 and ye will not come to me, that ye may have life.
41 I receive not glory from men.
42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in yourselves.
43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
44 How can ye believe, who receive glory one of another, and the glory that cometh from the only God ye seek not?
45 Think not that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, on whom ye have set your hope.
46 For if ye believed Moses, ye would believe me; for he wrote of me.
47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
John 6
1 After these things Jesus went away to the other side of the sea of Galilee, which is the sea of Tiberias.
2 And a great multitude followed him, because they beheld the signs which he did on them that were sick.
3 And Jesus went up into the mountain, and there he sat with his disciples.
4 Now the passover, the feast of the Jews, was at hand.
5 Jesus therefore lifting up his eyes, and seeing that a great multitude cometh unto him, saith unto Philip, Whence are we to buy bread, that these may eat?
6 And this he said to prove him: for he himself knew what he would do.
7 Philip answered him, Two hundred shillings' worth of bread is not sufficient for them, that every one may take a little.
8 One of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, saith unto him,
9 There is a lad here, who hath five barley loaves, and two fishes: but what are these among so many?
10 Jesus said, Make the people sit down. Now there was much grass in the place. So the men sat down, in number about five thousand.
11 Jesus therefore took the loaves; and having given thanks, he distributed to them that were set down; likewise also of the fishes as much as they would.
12 And when they were filled, he saith unto his disciples, Gather up the broken pieces which remain over, that nothing be lost.
13 So they gathered them up, and filled twelve baskets with broken pieces from the five barley loaves, which remained over unto them that had eaten.
14 When therefore the people saw the sign which he did, they said, This is of a truth the prophet that cometh into the world.
15 Jesus therefore perceiving that they were about to come and take him by force, to make him king, withdrew again into the mountain himself alone.
16 And when evening came, his disciples went down unto the sea;
17 and they entered into a boat, and were going over the sea unto Capernaum. And it was now dark, and Jesus had not yet come to them.
18 And the sea was rising by reason of a great wind that blew.
19 When therefore they had rowed about five and twenty or thirty furlongs, they behold Jesus walking on the sea, and drawing nigh unto the boat: and they were afraid.
20 But he saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid.
21 They were willing therefore to receive him into the boat: and straightway the boat was at the land whither they were going.
22 On the morrow the multitude that stood on the other side of the sea saw that there was no other boat there, save one, and that Jesus entered not with his disciples into the boat, but that his disciples went away alone
23 (howbeit there came boats from Tiberias nigh unto the place where they ate the bread after the Lord had given thanks):
24 when the multitude therefore saw that Jesus was not there, neither his disciples, they themselves got into the boats, and came to Capernaum, seeking Jesus.
25 And when they found him on the other side of the sea, they said unto him, Rabbi, when camest thou hither?
26 Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw signs, but because ye ate of the loaves, and were filled.
27 Work not for the food which perisheth, but for the food which abideth unto eternal life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him the Father, even God, hath sealed.
28 They said therefore unto him, What must we do, that we may work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
30 They said therefore unto him, What then doest thou for a sign, that we may see, and believe thee? what workest thou?
31 Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written, He gave them bread out of heaven to eat.
32 Jesus therefore said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, It was not Moses that gave you the bread out of heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread out of heaven.
33 For the bread of God is that which cometh down out of heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
34 They said therefore unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
35 Jesus said unto them. I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall not hunger, and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
36 But I said unto you, that ye have seen me, and yet believe not.
37 All that which the Father giveth me shall come unto me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38 For I am come down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the will of him that sent me, that of all that which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.
40 For this is the will of my Father, that every one that beholdeth the Son, and believeth on him, should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
41 The Jews therefore murmured concerning him, because he said, I am the bread which came down out of heaven.
42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how doth he now say, I am come down out of heaven?
43 Jesus answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.
44 No man can come to me, except the Father that sent me draw him: and I will raise him up in the last day.
45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall all be taught of God. Every one that hath heard from the Father, and hath learned, cometh unto me.
46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he that is from God, he hath seen the Father.
47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth hath eternal life.
48 I am the bread of life.
49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died.
50 This is the bread which cometh down out of heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
51 I am the living bread which came down out of heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: yea and the bread which I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world.
52 The Jews therefore strove one with another, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
53 Jesus therefore said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, ye have not life in yourselves.
54 He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father; so he that eateth me, he also shall live because of me.
58 This is the bread which came down out of heaven: not as the fathers ate, and died; he that eateth this bread shall live for ever.
59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
60 Many therefore of his disciples, when the heard this, said, This is a hard saying; who can hear it?
61 But Jesus knowing in himself that his disciples murmured at this, said unto them, Doth this cause you to stumble?
62 What then if ye should behold the Son of man ascending where he was before?
63 It is the spirit that giveth life; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I have spoken unto you are spirit, are are life.
64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who it was that should betray him.
65 And he said, For this cause have I said unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it be given unto him of the Father.
66 Upon this many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
67 Jesus said therefore unto the twelve, Would ye also go away?
68 Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
69 And we have believed and know that thou art the Holy One of God.
70 Jesus answered them, Did not I choose you the twelve, and one of you is a devil?
71 Now he spake of Judas the son of Simon Iscariot, for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.
 

Johnv

New Member
Originally posted by michelle:
Scripture chapter and verse please, where God has said He would allow mere men to alter his words?
Wait, I'm stumped. The KJV translators of 1611 made alterations from God's Word. So if it is not allowed, then why do you allow the KJV translators to alter God's words?
 

Phillip

<b>Moderator</b>
Originally posted by michelle:
--------------------------------------------------
Then 'splain somethin' to me. How can it mean that when "His Words" the Gospels that we rely on for faith in Jesus Christ were not written until several hundred years after that. It kind of flies in the face of "thou shalt preserve them from THIS generation for ever."

---------------------------------------------------


And the scriptures explain this to which I have provided also, to which I will one more time share with you:

John 5
47. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?


Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
GREAT SCRIPTURES MICHELLE, You shared the gospel. That is so nice of you, but for the life of me I cannot see how you can stretch those scriptures to explain my question. I think your last verse here explains a lot, for you see. We all "believe his words". I believe them in the KJV and I believe them in the NASB and neither one changes what he said when he spoke in (probably Aramaic) which was written down in Greek in the original manuscripts.

Interesting that you ignore a lot of the questions, such as what English Bible was perfect before the KJV came along?
 

Johnv

New Member
Originally posted by michelle:
And the scriptures explain this to which I have provided also, to which I will one more time share with you: John 5
Sorry Michelle, but John 5 says nothing about the KJV or any other translation. John 5 says nothing about adhering to a single translation and abandoning all others. If I'm mistaken, please who me where in John 5 the mistake is.
 

Phillip

<b>Moderator</b>
Originally posted by Johnv:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by michelle:
Scripture chapter and verse please, where God has said He would allow mere men to alter his words?
Wait, I'm stumped. The KJV translators of 1611 made alterations from God's Word. So if it is not allowed, then why do you allow the KJV translators to alter God's words? </font>[/QUOTE]You are so right, I cannot imagine why King James would have allowed them to change the Geneva Bible.

Well, in reality, we do know why. The King did not control the printing and distribution of it. As Askjo said, the Bible company (at the time--the Anglican Church) wanted control of the Bible, for what reason? MONEY.......... ;)
 

michelle

New Member
--------------------------------------------------
Perhaps you do not understand when scriptural support is required. It is not required when:
--------------------------------------------------

YOu are wrong. THe scriptures say this:

Acts 17

11. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.


1 Thess. 5

21. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
22. Abstain from all appearance of evil.
23. And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.


2 Tim. 3

13. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15. And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.


Your doctrine is that God allows ALTERATIONS OF HIS PURE WORDS, and that He has not, nor can provide His perfect words in our language. This is in direct opposition and contradiction to not only what the scriptures reveal, but the truth of the scriptures - which are God's very words of TRUTH.


Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
 

natters

New Member
michelle said "YOu are wrong."

No I'm not. If I am, then you need to prove to us with scripture that Santa Claus doesn't exist.

michelle said "Your doctrine is that God allows ALTERATIONS OF HIS PURE WORDS, and that He has not, nor can provide His perfect words in our language."

FALSE WITNESS! That is not my doctrine, not even close.
 

michelle

New Member
--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by michelle:
This is the poorest excuse and belief based upon opinion, is not supported at ALL WITH ANY SCRIPTURE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I knew you would reply with a smug "that's your opinion" pat answer. But any person who opens a KJV bible and reads Deut 4, Prov 30, Rev 22 will see plainly that my post is not opinion, but undeniable fact.

Now, as far as Psalms 119, nothing in the verse addresses, let alone supports, the doctrinal notion of single-translation-onlyism. It doesn't even address the topic of translations at all.
--------------------------------------------------

I never said anything about translations.

I quoted Psalm 119 in relation to your absurd and unbiblical opinion that proves your statements as so stated in the following quotes - WRONG:


--------------------------------------------------

Deut 4 referrs to the adherence of God's commandments. It is not referring to scripture in general, neither is it referring to a specific translation.

Prov 30 referrs to neither scripture as a whole nor translations of scripture.

Rev 22 is referring to the wrirings of Revelation. It is neither referring to scripture as a whole, nor is it referring to any translation of scripture.
--------------------------------------------------


--------------------------------------------------
But any person who opens a KJV bible and reads Deut 4, Prov 30, Rev 22 will see plainly that my post is not opinion, but undeniable fact.
--------------------------------------------------


It is YOU who continues to mention translations. I am speaking of the SCRIPTURES - the words of the Lord.


Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
 

Phillip

<b>Moderator</b>
Originally posted by Johnv:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by michelle:
And the scriptures explain this to which I have provided also, to which I will one more time share with you: John 5
Sorry Michelle, but John 5 says nothing about the KJV or any other translation. John 5 says nothing about adhering to a single translation and abandoning all others. If I'm mistaken, please who me where in John 5 the mistake is. </font>[/QUOTE]Take the last two verses:
John 5:
46: For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
47: But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

This does not say what translation? It is obvious that Jesus probably quoted the Seputagint, which we know contained the apocrypha, so He accepted Words from a book that was not perfect.

But, this explains that He is referring to WHAT IS WRITTEN, THE DOCTRINE, THE BELIEFS, NOT THE INDIVIDUAL WORDS. When we say we read the "Word" of God. It does not mean we read "one" word.

The NIV:

same verse:
46: If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.
47: But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?

HMMMMMM sounds the same to me. Jesus is actually speaking to people who lived during His time. He was simply indicating that if you do not believe what Moses wrote (IN Hebrew?) then you will not believe what He is saying.

This has NOTHING to do with translations.

As a matter of fact, Michelle's theory of Word-for-Word accuracy is so far out that we should just say, The Words were in Hebrew, so we must read it to keep them from changing.

Or the Words of Jesus were spoken in Aramaic, and written in Greek, so do we now read Greek to keep from changing the words? The answer is, that is NOT such a bad idea.
thumbs.gif
 

michelle

New Member
--------------------------------------------------
I realize you have never read Ruckman, Michelle; but consider this as a sample of what Ruckman has claimed as part of his “advanced revelation”: he says that the chapter and verse numbers in the KJV have special revelatory and interpretative significance (e.g., he builds some “theology” regarding “bad luck” on verses numbered 13 in the OT and NT). Ruckman also builds “advanced revelation” on the particular spelling of *English* words (e.g., something evil about words that end in “X”).

Is this “advanced revelation” as *you* understand the term, Michelle? If not, then you should be condemning Ruckman’s nonsensical claims as strongly as any of the rest of us.
--------------------------------------------------


I don't personally agree him, in what you have shared he believes in the above. But I do believe that many are still confusing the words "advanced" with the word "new" revelation.


Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
 

natters

New Member
Askjo said "No, I do not think you are honest to say that."

I already know what you think about me, yet I don't care!
 

Phillip

<b>Moderator</b>
Originally posted by michelle:
--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------
quote:

It is YOU who continues to mention translations. I am speaking of the SCRIPTURES - the words of the Lord.


Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
Fine, then we will use the NASB. God has indicated to me that they are the His SCRIPTURES.

Do you wish to argue with what He told me? :confused:
 

Phillip

<b>Moderator</b>
Besides, Michelle, don't play dumb and say you didn't mention translations. This whole thread and your entire argument is about the KJV being the only correct scriptures in the English language. If you claim that you didn't mention translations, then you are not only deceiving yourself, but everybody here. You don't have to stoop to such ridiculous arguments.
 

michelle

New Member
--------------------------------------------------
Syllogism:

By definition a cult is the “devoted attachment to a person, principle, etc.”

The KJVO position has a devoted attachment to the principle of KJV exclusivity over all other alternatives.

Hence...(I don’t think the moderators would allow the completion of the syllogism).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Any christian should be attached to the scriptures. This is not cultish. You are falsely claiming that we are attached to a name or label that has been attached to the scriptures. Not so. WE are attached to the scriptures, that have been labeled the King James Bible. God has placed his words, even above HIS OWN NAME. We are to uphold them, obey them, teach them, know them, live them and be attached to them. It would be unbiblical, unchristian and disobediant of us if we did not.


Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
 
Top