• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the Anti KJVO Movement making a difference?

Phillip

<b>Moderator</b>
Originally posted by michelle:
--------------------------------------------------
Syllogism:

By definition a cult is the “devoted attachment to a person, principle, etc.”

The KJVO position has a devoted attachment to the principle of KJV exclusivity over all other alternatives.

Hence...(I don’t think the moderators would allow the completion of the syllogism).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Any christian should be attached to the scriptures. This is not cultish. You are falsely claiming that we are attached to a name or label that has been attached to the scriptures. Not so. WE are attached to the scriptures, that have been labeled the King James Bible. God has placed his words, even above HIS OWN NAME. We are to uphold them, obey them, teach them, know them, live them and be attached to them. It would be unbiblical, unchristian and disobediant of us if we did not.


Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
You are being deceitful here, Michelle, you know good and well that the only scriptures that you are referring to is the KJV, but you are turning it around to LOOK like everybody who is debating you is not following scriptures.

Nobody here said that what you are saying above is wrong. What they are saying is that the KJV is NOT the only English translation with accuracy! You know that, we know that. . . don't play dumb. :rolleyes:
 

michelle

New Member
--------------------------------------------------
English came long before 1611. If the promise of one perfect translation were in the Bible, then what was that translation in .. say: 1580?
-------------------------------------------------

One of your biggest problems and that is helping to blind you to the truth in this issue is your constant "IF'S" and "THEN WHAT'S". Let me remind you again, of Hebrews 11.


love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
 

michelle

New Member
--------------------------------------------------
Askjo quoted:

The Gnosticism was begun at the Garden of Eden. The Satan tempted her deceitfully saying, "Yeah, hath God said...?" The Gnosticism was there after the OT and the NT was published. After the autographs were written by the authors, the Gnostics mutilated some Scriptures, added and changed any words in the apographs. "Today" Gnostics still deceitfully do that among Bible translation businesses since 1880's.
--------------------------------------------------


Amen!!! Askjo. I agree.


love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
 

Phillip

<b>Moderator</b>
Originally posted by michelle:
--------------------------------------------------
English came long before 1611. If the promise of one perfect translation were in the Bible, then what was that translation in .. say: 1580?
-------------------------------------------------

One of your biggest problems and that is helping to blind you to the truth in this issue is your constant "IF'S" and "THEN WHAT'S". Let me remind you again, of Hebrews 11.


love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
You can't answer it. When a question is against your belief, you don't have an answer and you resort to these remarks that show a level of ignorance of the subject matter being discussed.

Otherwise, answer it? I can't make you, but not answering it shows that you don't have a legimate answer, or you would throw it right in our face.
 

Phillip

<b>Moderator</b>
Regarding Hebrews 11. It certainly doesn't say we have to have faith in a single translation in the English language. If you can point out that verse, we must have different Bibles indeed.
 

natters

New Member
Because of Hebrews 11, I have FAITH that God's word is preserved both before and after 1611, and I don't limit God to a single translation but instead have FAITH that he can and did preserve his word through multiple texts. Yay for Hebrews 11!
Too bad some don't have faith that God can do this. :(
 

HankD

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
Wow, you really amaze me Hank. You not only have the amazing ability to be able to know if someone is having a "tantrum" and be able to see through computer screens, but now you claim you can travel back into a time that you do not know? God has said differently to what you "believe" based upon your own assumptions and things you cannot EVER POSSIBLY CLAIM TO KNOW and to are IRRELEVANT TO US TODAY.
you are the one who has made the claim concerning the “perfectly preserved” words of God but yet cannot tell us which of the different editions/revisions of the KJV is the “pure” and “perfect” English version which God has preserved for us.

And yes being the father of 11 children I know full well what a tantrum sounds like by the words coming out of their mouths (fingers) and you have thrown a few for our entertainment.

And yes I must confess that after reading some of your flame posts I couldn't help but envision you lying on the floor kicking, screaming and flailing away while pounding on your keyboard.

I was also speaking of the DISCIPLES in my question.
Those disciples who were moved by the Holy Spirit to write “inspired” NT Scripture were males and contemporary with Jesus Christ in the flesh.

In any event you seem to be getting very close to the radical KJVO disseminator of the doctrine of ongoing revelation in the form of this “advanced revelation”.

I don't personally agree him, in what you have shared he believes in the above. But I do believe that many are still confusing the words "advanced" with the word "new" revelation
The words "advanced revelation" are Ruckman's. He has made it very clear that while "advanced revelation" is indeed new revelation it has also been hidden for 16 centuries to be revealed later which of course requires a high priest skilled in the KJVO priestcraft (none other than Ruckman and God's secretary Gail Riplinger) to unlock these hidden mysteries, thus the charge of gnosticism against radical KJVOism and rightfully so IMO.

HankD
 

Askjo

New Member
Originally posted by GeneMBridges:
Actually, it is the KJVOnlyists that limit the power of God, by limiting His preservation of His Word/s to only one English translation.
You are absolutely incorrect. Without the Satan, we would not need the Bible. With the Satan, we need the ACCURATE Bible. God inspired his Words in the autographs. God preserved His inspired Words in the apographs. The 99% apographs where the KJV derived from and the 1% apographs where these MVs derived from are what most MVs scholars denied, but one witness defending the MVs, knew and ignored the factual documents.

God gave us His inspred, preserved Words for our mother tongue, namely the KJV. (Romans 16:26) God also gave ALL nations His inspired, preserved Words for their mother tongue such as Spanish, Italian, Russian, French, etc,. I support this.

The Satan gave us the corrupted bible versions for our mother tongue. UBS, even gnostics gave some foreigners for their mother tongue false bibles such as from "cup" to "pain." Not only bible versions, but Roman Catholics runs their UBS HQ in Europe and South Africa. Can RCs and Baptists walk together if they agree each other? I reject this.
 

Phillip

<b>Moderator</b>
Hank, I don't have 11, but I have three girls (grown now), but knowing girls the way I do, I can guarantee you that your x-ray vision is quite good.
applause.gif
 

Phillip

<b>Moderator</b>
Originally posted by Askjo:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GeneMBridges:
Actually, it is the KJVOnlyists that limit the power of God, by limiting His preservation of His Word/s to only one English translation.
You are absolutely incorrect. Without the Satan, we would not need the Bible. With the Satan, we need the ACCURATE Bible. God inspired his Words in the autographs. God preserved His inspired Words in the apographs. The 99% apographs where the KJV derived from and the 1% apographs where these MVs derived from are what most MVs scholars denied, but one witness defending the MVs, knew and ignored the factual documents.

God gave us His inspred, preserved Words for our mother tongue, namely the KJV. (Romans 16:26) God also gave ALL nations His inspired, preserved Words for their mother tongue such as Spanish, Italian, Russian, French, etc,. I support this.

The Satan gave us the corrupted bible versions for our mother tongue. UBS gave some foreigners for their mother tongue false bibles such as from "cup" to "pain." Not only bible versions, but Roman Catholics runs their UBS HQ in Europe and South Africa. Can RCs and Baptists walk together if they agree each other? I reject this.
</font>[/QUOTE]Askjo, when are you going to quit blatantly posting information that is completely incorrect. 99% vs 1%, right. Keep saying it, maybe someone will believe it.

As for a perfect language in every language in the World, again, right-on, keep saying it, we might believe it. All of these different unreached people groups that are getting translated NIVs and no other Bible, well, I guess we don't know about those you are smuggling into that country through the back-door. Do you have ANY concept to how many languages are spoken on this planet? Many didn't get a Bible until an MV was translated for them. Do I agree this is the best way to translate? Not really, but it does get the gospel into their hands.
 

Johnv

New Member
Originally posted by michelle:
It is YOU who continues to mention translations. I am speaking of the SCRIPTURES - the words of the Lord.
The KJV verses you listed do not support your false doctrinal views. The verses you listed from the KJV do not support your false doctrinal views. Your own posts display your lack of scriptural understanding, not to mention your continual backpeddling and hypocrisy n the topic.

Now, I will ask, for the thirty-fourth time: Kindly provide me with scriptural support for your view. You have shown me none. In fact, no one has snown me any. And it's not for lack of me looking. I am eager, with an open mind, and open heart, to discover where scripture supports the position that the KJV is the sole authoritative Word of God. If I can find such scriptural support, then I will gladly adhere to that belief, since I desire to truly live my live as scripturally led as possible.
 

Phillip

<b>Moderator</b>
By the way, many Catholics have been using the same KJV that you use. The true KJV, you know, the one that didn't have the apocrypha removed by a later-day revisionist? :D
 

Phillip

<b>Moderator</b>
Originally posted by Johnv:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by michelle:
It is YOU who continues to mention translations. I am speaking of the SCRIPTURES - the words of the Lord.
The KJV verses you listed do not support your false doctrinal views. The verses you listed from the KJV do not support your false doctrinal views. Your own posts display your lack of scriptural understanding, not to mention your continual backpeddling and hypocrisy n the topic.

Now, I will ask, for the thirty-fourth time: Kindly provide me with scriptural support for your view. You have shown me none. In fact, no one has snown me any. And it's not for lack of me looking. I am eager, with an open mind, and open heart, to discover where scripture supports the position that the KJV is the sole authoritative Word of God. If I can find such scriptural support, then I will gladly adhere to that belief, since I desire to truly live my live as scripturally led as possible.
</font>[/QUOTE]You know JohnV, I was a BIG GAP theory guy. (I don't know where you stand on the subject, but that's not my point.) I fought and fought that it had to be true. Finally, after being shown facts by Helen (who patiently allowed me to argue with her for days on end). I changed my mind. It was a big day for all of us in the thread.

The point is, I am open and willing to look into the KJVO theory. I have read every book I can find, on both sides. I have YET to find the doctrinal evidence.

My point is, I believe you ARE truly open minded, but I think you are going to have to wait a LONG time before Michelle finds any scripture that will support her single translation theory.

May God bless you in your search!
wave.gif
 

Askjo

New Member
Originally posted by Phillip:
By the way, many Catholics have been using the same KJV that you use. The true KJV, you know, the one that didn't have the apocrypha removed by a later-day revisionist? :D
You are in the USA, but you do not know what RCs out of the USA are doing toward the Christians? Arrest them and put them in jail? Murder them? Presecute them? Many Christians donated $$$$ to UBS then this UBS sent $$$ to Rcs. Guess what about $$$?? RCs bribed their secret men with $$$ for arresting a missionary and putting him in jail until he died there. I received a report from Canada. I never find this report like this report IN the USA!!! I guess they do not want you to know that happens if you find the evidence in the USA. That is why the UBS was produced modern versions for English-speaking people in the USA and foreign-speaking people in other countries.
 

Phillip

<b>Moderator</b>
I know exactly what is taking place outside of the United States. I am involved in international intelligence and investigation, including terrorism prevention.

Some of your statements are correct, some of your conclusions aren't.
 

Phillip

<b>Moderator</b>
Originally posted by Askjo:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Phillip:
some of your conclusions aren't.
What are they? </font>[/QUOTE]Specifically:
"That is why the UBS was produced modern versions for English-speaking people in the USA and foreign-speaking people in other countries."
 

HankD

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
By the way, many Catholics have been using the same KJV that you use. The true KJV, you know, the one that didn't have the apocrypha removed by a later-day revisionist?
Another minor myth attached to the greater KJVO myth is that the KJ Bible has no copyright.

We now know that the King James Bible does have a copyright in perpetuity by the English Crown and that copyright includes the Apocrypha and the Church of England Book of Common Prayer.

At one time there was a one year jail sentence for removing from or producing a King James Bible without the Apocrypha.

BTW, apparently the only church in America which has an official sanction from the Crown to sell the King James Bible is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

HankD
 

KJVBibleThumper

New Member
Just out of curiosity, to all of you anti-KJV people out there I want to pose a question. Dont dodge, or evade just straight out tell me the answer without any ands, buts, nors, or fors.
We know that in Ephesians 6 it lists our spiritual armor, the only offensive thing on there is the "sword of the Spirit" that is the "word of God" if we do not have the perfect, inerrent, infallible Word of God that we can hold in our hands and proclaim from the pulpits as most of you claim then we DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO ATTACK WITH!!
We are in the positin of a man that has a butter knife as his only offensive weapon!! I personally think that God would have given us a sword dont you?
In Christ,
KJVBibleThumper
 
Top