Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
God bless you Kidz. You will be missed. Your acceptance of the "truth" (without a shred of evidence or proof) is laudable, but misplaced.Originally posted by Kidz-4-HIM:
It's about time that I am going to quit debating about the truth. I believe that the KJV is the ONLY Bible for the ENGLISH speaking people and will continue to believe and teach until God Himself changes my Bible?
Can you provide some sort of evidence that the last half of your statement is what God promised??The KJVo crowd, believe in the promises of God to preserve his pure word for every generation, which is evidenced in the Recieved Texts, but not in the (new) Nestles/Aland texts.
Wow, thanks for the insight. In my quest for developing my relationship with God and growing closer to Him, I was under the impression I had been seeking out a variety of translations in order to better understand what He wants to say to me and apply it to my life. Now I realize that I am using other versions because i have a deep-seeded aversion to God and His Word. Thanks for the info.Originally posted by HomeBound:
The reason most people don't like the King James Bible is because it puts them in their place, it tells it like it is. It tells you that you are going to HELL not hades.
Calling them Sodomites...wow, some powerful slander there.Originally posted by HomeBound:
It says things are an abomination unto the Lord not detestable. This is just me, but if I didn't know better, I would thing that the modern version writers were sodomites. After all, they didn't like using that in the NIV now did they.
I believe by faith that the KJV is the inspired, preserved Word of God.Originally posted by HomeBound:
What faith? You have no faith in God's word. If you believed something today and tomorrow some idiot digs up a MSS and says that it is the word of God, you'll believe it. Why? Because its the oldest MSS we have and it has to be God's word. Well, no it doesn't. That's why faith in one book will always be true faith and all others are false.
So far as I know, we all agree with you on this point.I believe by faith that the KJV is the inspired, preserved Word of God.
So far as I know, we all agree with you on this point. </font>[/QUOTE]Originally posted by Pastor Larry:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />I believe by faith that the KJV is the inspired, preserved Word of God.
Most of us would assign derived inspiration to these versions as well. They are certainly not inspired in wording but the sayings (word) they communicate is inspired.Originally posted by jshurley04:
Hold on, don't speak for us all. The inspired Word of God is contained in the original autographs only. What we read today, regardless of version, is the PRESERVED Word of God.
I can agree with this as long as we keep in mind that it is a translation derived from the inspired preserved Word of God.I believe by faith that the KJV is the inspired, preserved Word of God
I believe by faith that I have one million dollars in my checking account. Does that make it so? Why not, if I am sincere?I believe by faith that the KJV is the inspired, preserved Word of God.
I believe by faith that I have one million dollars in my checking account. Does that make it so? Why not, if I am sincere?Originally posted by Trotter:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> I believe by faith that the KJV is the inspired, preserved Word of God.
Most of us would assign derived inspiration to these versions as well. They are certainly not inspired in wording but the sayings (word) they communicate is inspired. [/QB][/QUOTE]Originally posted by Scott J:
[
True, that is why I would condition the statement to pre-apostasy. This is if course a difficult time to nail down as to the exact x,y cordinates in the time continuum.I think that is on the whole a solid argument, only marred a little by the fact that from a baptist point of view Eastern-Orthodoxy (guardians of the Traditional Text in a sense) are just as guilty of apostasy as Catholicism.
John Burgon The Revision Revised, Page 3.'a Revision of the Authorised Version' is desirable and the terms of the original Resolution of Feb. 19th, 1870, being, that the removal of 'PLAIN AND CLEAR ERRORS' was alone contemplated, - 'whether in the Greek text originally adopted by the Translators, or in the Translation made from the same.'