1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John MacArthur - Christ, Not Caesar, is head of the church

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rockytopva, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Constitution says nothing about "the right to life".

2. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I attend a small community church. When covid hit, our leaders held a meeting They decided they would set an example for others in the community to follow. We went out of our way to uphold the guidelines of authority. We placed a box in the rear of the church with a large slot for members to drop their offering. We all agreed to wear a mask, because "my mask protects you, and your masks protect me." We went in one door and exited another. We taped off the seats so that there was a minimum of 6ft distance. A member even bought equipment to disinfect the church, at great cost and effort. We went over and above the guidelines. Not one member got the virus. What is more important, no one in the community outside got the virus from our church. (No covid case was tracked back to our church) The outside community was as important as the inside of our church. We defied no laws, rules, guidelines. We set an example of love and respect for all concerned. We wanted everyone to know, that, as Christians we respect, not only authority, not only the elderly in our little church, but also the lives in our community. Go ahead. Pick us apart. Ridicule us line by line. That is exactly what John MacArthur would do.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chicken Little - if that is what your church decided - thats fine