1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judge rules that the U.S. Pledge of Alligiance is Unconsitutional

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by TexasSky, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckster75

buckster75 Member

because I don't call this flourishing. you already said it. we are floundering and why not leave something that is not hurting anything(though you will disagree) and might even be the start of helping someone.

2. buckster75

buckster75 Member

If God judges anyone for not taking His side on this issue. Which side will it be? I don't think it is a slap in the face to Him. Because to the remnant it does mean something.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

The point is though buck that we flourished until they were added. Thats why I said "flourished" in the past tense. Maybe we should take them out and try again.

It appears that you are implying that I am not a part of the remnant simply because I disagree with you?

[ September 17, 2005, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: C4K ]

4. buckster75

buckster75 Member

no that is not my inclination and was not thinking that in the least. But I need some furthur info on how the removal can do any thing to help. only if we just throw up our hands and say "ok God no one is listening go ahead and wipe us out"

5. buckster75

buckster75 Member

where is Eire?

6. buckster75

buckster75 Member

sorry for the hit and miss today I am at work drying clay samples and checking back here in between.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

It's not going help or hurt. It really makes no difference either way. If the Supreme Court upholds the decision? It really makes no difference, IMHO.

8. buckster75

buckster75 Member

but maybe the debate will help. what do you think about that?

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

The only thing that will help Buck is a true heart change. We have laid in the background while our country has been dragged down the tubes, and it seems like we only get upset when things like this are in the news. Our country has lost all semblence os righteousness and we are not going to resotre it by making our school kids say "under God" every day. Perhaps if we acted more like we were under God folks would be more willing to say it.

10. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    "If God judges anyone for not taking His side on this issue. Which side will it be?"

Why do you think He cares one way or the other? Is God pleased by forced — and feigned — piety?

11. buckster75

buckster75 Member

that's what I meant get the christians stirred up enough to at least think about this and maybe they will act like the are what they profess.

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

According to the OT prophets rsr, God is sickened, literally, by feigned piety.

13. buckster75

buckster75 Member

so RSR when the Jews saw that God was destroying fellow Jews and then turned back to Him. would you call that forced?

14. buckster75

buckster75 Member

fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. that is what the country has lost.

15. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Sorry, I don't follow. Did I miss something? </font>[/QUOTE]In the old school days when I was supposed to be studying the night before a test, but didn't, I'd tell the Lord oops, please get me through this and I'll never do it again. This was before I was saved. I used to bargain with Him all the time.

16. buckster75

buckster75 Member

but who is Karlton?
    and what has physics to do with it?

17. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    "so RSR when the Jews saw that God was destroying fellow Jews and then turned back to Him. would you call that forced? "

The Old Testament presents a special relationship between the nation of Israel and God.

I see no such example in the New Testament.

Now, let me ask you a question: Do you think coerced religiosity a good thing? If not, why do you care what is in the pledge?

18. buckster75

buckster75 Member

please read my other post to answer the last question. is religiosity a word? but I think you would care if it said "I pledge allegence to something you did not like." I don't think saying the pledge of allegence forces any thing on any one. do you want to live in a country where people would not want to be alengioned with one another? I always felt that the attack on the towers in NY was an attack on me in Texas. but in a country of UNunited states we might as well be separate countries.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I agree rsr, coerced religiousity is never right.

Here is an example of what God says about false piety:

The context was a nation who talked about God, but their actions did not reflect their words.

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.