Upon reflection, I realize that fertile ground had been prepared for KJVO to hatch, with the making of the less-than-stellar RV. I'll hafta admit that if I had a choice between only the RV & the KJV, I'd take the KJV hands down.
However, KJVO was expanded to include EVERY newer version, with a few koox extending their dissing to older versions by inventing such codwallop as the "seven-Times-Purified" subdoctrine, which is pure garbage. It claims that God's word in English underwent seven "purifications" culminating in the KJV, & is based upon a complete misinterpretation of Psalm 12:6. The TRUE interpretation of this verse is that David, taking time out in his song about his own troubles to praise God, is COMPARING God's words to silver refined 7 times, which was the standard for silver Tabernacle implements, & was the purest physical substance known to David.
The originator of this trash is easy to locate...DR. LAWRENCE VANCE. Others such as Bill Bradley who have written boox advocating this hooey have copied from Vance.
I particularly detest this subdoctrine due to the nature of its origin...DISHONESTY, OR OUTRIGHT PREVARICATING, let alone its LACK OF TRUTH and its slamming of the older English BVs.! WHEN DID GOD EVER SAY ANYTHING IMPURE ? ? Dr. Vance's degrees are in ENGLISH, and there's no way he ACCIDENTALLY misinterpreted Psalm 12:6! I cannot reach any other conclusion that his little subdoctrine was conceived in DISHONESTY, & based upon pure conjecture and guesswork. It was just another gimmick to sell boox.
Anyone have any evidence of a general KJVO doctrine among the general public before 1930? Or, shall we conclude it originated from authors who copied from Wilkinson's book?
However, KJVO was expanded to include EVERY newer version, with a few koox extending their dissing to older versions by inventing such codwallop as the "seven-Times-Purified" subdoctrine, which is pure garbage. It claims that God's word in English underwent seven "purifications" culminating in the KJV, & is based upon a complete misinterpretation of Psalm 12:6. The TRUE interpretation of this verse is that David, taking time out in his song about his own troubles to praise God, is COMPARING God's words to silver refined 7 times, which was the standard for silver Tabernacle implements, & was the purest physical substance known to David.
The originator of this trash is easy to locate...DR. LAWRENCE VANCE. Others such as Bill Bradley who have written boox advocating this hooey have copied from Vance.
I particularly detest this subdoctrine due to the nature of its origin...DISHONESTY, OR OUTRIGHT PREVARICATING, let alone its LACK OF TRUTH and its slamming of the older English BVs.! WHEN DID GOD EVER SAY ANYTHING IMPURE ? ? Dr. Vance's degrees are in ENGLISH, and there's no way he ACCIDENTALLY misinterpreted Psalm 12:6! I cannot reach any other conclusion that his little subdoctrine was conceived in DISHONESTY, & based upon pure conjecture and guesswork. It was just another gimmick to sell boox.
Anyone have any evidence of a general KJVO doctrine among the general public before 1930? Or, shall we conclude it originated from authors who copied from Wilkinson's book?