I'm not dancing at all. God had the Scriptures written in Hebrew, Chaldee and Greek. To suggest that any translation into another language is superior to God's chosen languages is "The Big Dance".Salamander said:It is THE main reference point of ALL BV&T discussions, that is THE PINNACLE. Dance around it all you like, but the FACT remains.
I merely happen to speak English. Your POV would preclude me from having access to "The Pinnacle" if I happened to speak say, only German, Chinese or Spanish! Or I would have to have a 'reverse translation' from the English back into one of those languages, rather than one directly from the Hebrew, Chaldeee and Greek, directly.
Sorry, Martin Luther, Calvin, Beza, Stephanus, and Erasmus! Oh yeah, and Paul, Moses, John, and the other 40 some-odd human authors of Scripture, and The Holy Spirit as well!! You guys did not understand that the English of the early 1600's was the "purest language".
The real "FACT" is that the Scripture was not written in English, at all, but in Hebrew, Chaldee, and Greek.
That sort of stuff you are claiming, is hogwash and really is dancing - dancing in the mud of muddled minds!
Ed
Last edited by a moderator: