• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Laws on Marriage/Family

Pastor Larry

<b>Moderator</b>
Site Supporter
As was pointed out back on page 2, virtually all laws are the imposition of morality. When you have a law against stealing, it is an imposition of morality, and no one claims that it is okay simply because some like to steal.

The fact of who likes it or how popular does not change the basic facts of nature and creation. However, I am not saying necessarily that their behavior should be illegal. That is a whole different issue. But the fact that their behavior is legal does not mean that we recognize their behavior by calling it something it is not (marriage).
 

Dr. Bob

Administrator
Administrator
Originally posted by Pastor Larry:
As was pointed out back on page 2, virtually all laws are the imposition of morality.
True.

And better the morality of the Bible than that of the Koran (as in Iran or with the Taliban).

And better the morality of the Bible as interpreted by Prostestant thought than Catholic (as laws in Frace, Quebec, etc).
 

Marcia

Active Member
Posted by JohnV
I can't tell you enough horror stories about how I was treated when I was a single dad with a little girl. Does the phrase "second class or lower" mean anything? I on at least one occaision had store security follow me when I was shopping in the little girls' clothing section. And don't even get me started on being banned from the little girl's dressing room.
I can relate to some of this as the single mother of a son. Single mothers are treated as one of the lowest "life forms" in society and they don't always fare that great in the church, either.

Pastor Larry
Conservatives, in principle, stand for limited government.
And sometimes it seems, limited compassion.


Many imtes, the childcare arrangements are necessary only because the families want a higher standard of living ... bigger house, more cars, etc. In fact, in some cases, the wife's salary for working is completely eaten up by the expense incurred because she is working.
You are ignoring the hordes of single mothers and some fathers who have to work. Do you know how painful it was for me to hear Christians go on and on about staying at home with your child when I had to work to support and feed mine? I would have loved to stay home or at least been at home when my son came home from school! :(

I'd like to see Christians act out of compassion when it comes to politics and not just morality. Wait a minute -- shouldn't those 2 go together?
 

Gina B

Active Member
The morality of the bible is losing ground in America.
Of course it's the best there is, but you simply cannot have a free theocracy.
Gina
 
Top