• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Man's (Woman's) Best Friend

What pets do you have?

  • Dog

    Votes: 23 47.9%
  • Cat

    Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Bird

    Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Hamster

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Snake

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • None

    Votes: 14 29.2%

  • Total voters
    48

Justlittleoldme

New Member
SBCPreacher said:
Sis,
Want a cat? I can make you a heck of a deal on a useless, worthless old fleabag.

If you are having trouble getting rid of a cat, I may be able to help you.
We got our dogs from a shelter and they brought them to the house (to be sure we had a good home for them). Right before they left they told us not ever to get a cat. They waited for that moment to tell us that Terry had eaten 10 in an hour at the shelter!

So, if you really want to get rid of it......

Just kidding, I really do like cats!:saint:
 

Gwen

Active Member
Justlittleoldme said:
If you are having trouble getting rid of a cat, I may be able to help you.
We got our dogs from a shelter and they brought them to the house (to be sure we had a good home for them). Right before they left they told us not ever to get a cat. They waited for that moment to tell us that Terry had eaten 10 in an hour at the shelter!

So, if you really want to get rid of it......

Just kidding, I really do like cats!:saint:

:eek: :laugh:
 

Hopeful

New Member
(in best voice impersonation of a big ole dog) ...."here kitty-kitty-kitty".....

Yup, I believe you better leave Garfield at the shelter!:eek:
 

Palatka51

New Member
1 dog, 1 bird, 6 cats, 4 possums, 2 raccoons, 4 deer, 1 bear and 100 turkeys. :wavey:
2 of the cats are house cats. The other 4 are feral but I keep them fed. Because I feed the cats outside near the woods, the food attracts all sorts of Florida wildlife. Sometimes I can feel Noah's pain. Oh did I mention the 5 armadillos?:laugh:
 

TC

Active Member
Site Supporter
1 Border Collie and 4 cats.
The dog is a hot house pansy - she doesn't like to be out in any amount of cold for very long.
 

Friend of God

Active Member
Site Supporter
1 Dog named Sophie, a mixed breed

4 Cats -Stinker, Kainchee, Gracie, and Tiger

2 Fish

1 Frog

and Me [housebroken, also a mixed breed] :laugh: I'm one Woman's best friend [my Wife, that is.]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

AAA

New Member
I like pets, but I do not want to take care of them, so that is the reason I do not have any pets...
 

Sopranette

New Member
We have two dogs currently. A German Shepherd and a Lab/Shepherd mix. I never thought I'd get another GS after my last one. He had epilepsy, sometimes having several seizures a day. He was such a sweetheart, and I never had a pet that loved me and my family that much. He died during a massive seizure one night. But I got two more. Something about that particular breed is something so special. They're both past the typical age when epilepsy starts, thank God.

love,

Sopranette
 

MaryKay

New Member
We have 2 labs, one black named Luke,1 choc. named Lucy. 2 cats named Callie Marie and Albert. They all stay outdoors except Albert. They have about 130 acres and a creek to play in. The cat doesn't care for the creek.
 

I Am Blessed 24

Active Member
A dog is truly a man's best friend.

If you don't believe it, just try this experiment.

Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for one hour.

When you open the trunk, who is really happy to see you?
 

bobbyd

New Member
The pet that owns the house is a 1 year old wire fox terrier named "Tiger", although we do have a couple of aquariums with fish and my kids are also wanting to get some new pet mice.
 
Top