• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Must a Christian vote for a professing Christian?

Must a Christian vote for a professing Christian?

  • Yes

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • No

    Votes: 28 84.8%
  • Other

    Votes: 3 9.1%

  • Total voters
    33

SBCPreacher

Active Member
Site Supporter
I also voted no. I know some Christians who do not hold to the same moral convictions I have. I also know of non-Christians who have the same moral convictions I have.

I plan to vote for someone who stands for what I believe to be important. I hope when the presidential elections come there will be someone I CAN vote for.
 

4His_glory

New Member
I voted no as well. I see no biblical mandate that says one must vote exclusively for a believer.

I would like to know the reasoning of the person who voted yes.
 

Alcott

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
Must a Christian vote for a professing Christian?

No. No Christian is required to vote.
 

Sopranette

New Member
After years of watching POTUS walking into church carrying a bible, I vote "no". Frankly, I'm amazed the book doesn't burst into flames during such photo ops sometimes. It's been a tactic used by presidential hopefuls for years. Maybe it's used to make them more trustworthy. Means nothing to me. Anyone can carry around a bible.

love,

Sopranette
 

donnA

Active Member
I vote no also, my reason might be different though. How many times have we seen profession christians in politics who once they've won don't look so christian anymore. And not just president, but anyone you vote for. Our last county sheriff was supose to be christian, what he was was a drug dealer, along with the county attorny.
 

bobbyd

New Member
i'm in agreement in voting for a Christian for office of pastor...once it leaves the church house it's a matter of who stands for your convictions; of course having convictions based on the Word of God help there too.
 
Top