1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Apr 19, 2006.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I agree....but don't count either team out yet. </font>[/QUOTE]That is why I said "possibly". :cool:

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It sounds like your brother has a vandetta against LeBron, as I have seen none of this personally to be true. He's big into the kids and "team first", as evidenced by his assists and rebounds and reading programs in Akron.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Whew! I never thought I could pry that foot out of my mouth!

Go Cavs! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. PastorSBC1303

web, I wondered when you would show back up. The Cavs have played great. Even if they do not hold on to win the series they have gained some great experience that will only serve them well in the coming years as they continue to build their team.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Regardless of whether they win the series, you're right. They have gained priceless experience and have made the Pistons sweat and eat Wallace's "guaran-sheed". That alone was enough to make me happy. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

6. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I figured it worked so well for you, I might as well join in [​IMG]

But you see mine has nothing to do with refs and bad calls, etc. I am just simply stating my opinion of what will take place in the series.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I'd actually say some of the worst calls went the other way last night. Bowen definitely fouled Dirk at a very critical time... though Dampier still got away with mugging Duncan.

7. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But even the half-time guys were illustrating how Dirk in the high post was just destroying the Spurs. You have to stop that first option and the plays off it.
    Then you need to watch Dampiers hands and forearms more closely. If you can get away with it... then do it... but it is still a foul by the book.
    Dampier fouls Duncan of virtually every play. I'm still not sure how the refs are deciding which ones to call... because they don't seem to be calling the worst ones. Maybe they're counting and only calling every 7th foul... or maybe their only calling one foul in a certain amount of time.

I agree.
    If he was on the back side then I did notice. But that would have been a dangerous cross court pass with Ginobili lurking around in the lane.
    After thinking about it, I am not sure this is the deciding game. I've often thought the NBA looked to scripted. It doesn't take much to turn a game one way or the other. I wouldn't be all that surprised to see SA win in Dallas and Dallas with game 7 straight up.

8. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think there is going to be a game 7. The Spurs barely squeaked by the Mavs in a game I expected them to come out and win by 10.

I think it will be another great game, but the Mavs close it out in game 6.

However, I agree with Jimmy C, if it gets to a game 7 I think the Spurs would probably win it.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Like I said before, game 7 here I come. I hope the Spurs win a blowout for a change because my fingernails are all gone...

GO SPURS GO!!!

9. PastorSBC1303

The Spurs and Pistons both came out in tough situations and played like champions. I expect both to win game 7 and move on.

The playoffs have been great!!!!!!!

10. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

SBC I agree
    [​IMG]

11. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I agree. These have been the best playoffs in many many years. I think we are seeing a new era of NBA greatness. I must be honest as a Pistons fan I have been "wowed" be Lebron James. But I do think Detroit will win game 7 as well as the Spurs and I still think they will meet in the finals which will go 7 games with Detroit winning it all at the Palace.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My predictions for game 7 of Spurs-Mavs and Cavs-Pistons:

Mavs 97
    Spurs 94

Pistons 88
    Cavs 80

13. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Well Ken nice try, perhaps your Mavs/Spurs prediction will work out.

Thankfully Detroit won, nice job by James and company though. The Cavs has some great years ahead of them if they can keep Lebron.

Now for the Miami "cold"- Pistons in 6.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Pistons will have to play much better than they did against the Cavs, which they are capable of, to beat the Heat in six games.

15. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

GO PISTONS!!! [​IMG] I expect Pistons-Heats series will go in Game 7. Pistons in 7. I expecting this series' score will be little bit higher than Cavs-Pistons. I am not worry about Pistons. They know what to do with series plan. Pistons will win because of D-E-F-E-N-S-E!!!

GO PISTONS!! [​IMG]

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

16. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Well if they play like they usually do (and did in the second half yesterday) then they wil have no trouble dispatching the Heat in 6 games. They held Lebron and his crew to a measly 61 points- the lowest total of any game this postseason.

Furthermore, Detroit has proven that the Heat are not a problem for them and have handled them well. If the series does go seven games I can't see how Miami can win game 7 on the road in Detroit against a Pistons team that is better than last years (a team that the Heat could not beat in game 7 at home).

The only change that Pat Riley's team has in upsetting the Pistons is rattling them early and not letting the series stretch out to seven games.

Again- Detroit in 6.

17. PastorSBC1303

I never dreamed the Cavs would push the Pistons to 7 games. And if the Pistons play the same way against the Heat they could very easily get knocked off. However, I don't expect they will, I would guess that scare against the Cavs will push them into the NBA Finals and they will have a great series against the Mavs or Spurs.

On a side note, if I were a Piston fan I would be frustrated with Rasheed Wallace. He is so talented and yet it seems he does not always play hard.

18. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I do get frustrated with Wallace at times. He is good, but he should be great. It seems like sometimes he is just gooffing around.

Somthing interesting that i read was that Lindsy Hunter has a five year old son whose favorite player is D. Wade. Hunter told his son after game 7 against the Cavs "we get to play him and we will beat him". Not exactally a "garunsheed"
    but close. I think it shows his confidence and drive to win and that of the whole team as well. They played like champs yesterday.

19. PastorSBC1303

I know they would never admit it, but do you think that Rasheed frustrates his teammates the same way?

I mean if I am Billups, Hamiton, B. Wallace and Prince who all play so hard and seem to be constantly pushing to get better and then you see him fooling around, it would make me mad.

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

[​IMG]

As a Cleveland sports fan, I have about had it with "wait 'til next year", but I guess I will have to do it.

I'm going to start a poll, I think. Which will come faster...the rapture, or a Cleveland championship? It might be the end of the MK!