Originally posted by Terry_Herrington:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ransom:
Terry_Herrington said:
Not they are not good enough for me since I do not speak Hebrew or Greek.
They were good enough for Paul, so they're good enough for me. Just because you are willingly ignorant doesn't make your level of ignorance a rule for the whole church.
You would be the one to know about ignorance! You are willingly ignorant of the fact that the KJV is an excellent translation and the decision to use it exclusively is a wise one. </font>[/QUOTE]I will respond too. It is sad that so many of the KJVO crowd try very hard to say that someone who has no problems with other translations is a "KJV hater". This could not be further from the truth. I have YET to see one post on this board from a KJV hater. So, please do not imply that anybody wants to keep you or your church from exclusively using the KJV.
I think everybody would agree that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the KJV as a translation and it is the Word of God. Yes, it has blessed many people.
But, so have many modern versions.
The KJV we know today is NOT 400 years old as people keep trying to imply. Different versions of what is called the KJV have been around for varying lengths of time.
By the way, I have been starting to notice a lot of evangelists using the NKJV. One explained that it does not cause people who "like" KJVs any grief because of the TR background and the very close, but modern wording. While other people who use other translations can understand it well, also.