1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nice Photo Op

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Rosell, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Wouldn't it be nice to have a camera to follow these bawl-babies around, taking pictures of their doin's. I wonder how many would be embarrased.

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well if you put a camera on me.... remember that the camera adds 10 lbs at least! ;) ;)

3. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

[​IMG]

I'm just curious as to whether or not they would be found doing something worse than being photographed exiting a gay-friendly church.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What surprises me is that some Christians who plan to vote for President Bush feel compelled to defend him regardless of his actions. Why can't they simply say they disapprove of some his actions but still plan to vote for him regardless of his flaws?

5. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

I disapprove of some of President Bush's actions but still plan to vote for him regardless of his flaws.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Way to go, Gershom! [​IMG]

7. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ken,

I have never said Bush was perfect. He does plenty of things I don't agree with.

But I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon to criticize him everytime someone on this BB sees him doing something they don't approve of or understand.

8. Rosell

Rosell New Member

[​IMG]

I'm just curious as to whether or not they would be found doing something worse than being photographed exiting a gay-friendly church.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Perhaps. Depends on what you consider to be "worse" from a Christian perspective.

Here's the article with the info...

http://baptiststandard.com/postnuke/index.php?module=html/pages&func=display&pid=2347

9. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Yes, here was my OP:

im·pen·i·tent - adj. - Not penitent; unrepentant

Yes, I am saying that it is wrong for a church to allow anyone to join who is unrepentant of their sin, and knowingly living a sinful lifestyle.

10. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

tragic pizza, I have already stated that I am voting for Bush. You need to back off and get a clue.

Bush has openly stated that Christians and Muslims worship the same God. Is that the God you worship? Not me. Is that an error? Yes.

Bush is not anti-homosexual. Are you? Is God?

The idea that Bush would enter a "church" that is so full of liberal theology just underscores his weak theology.

As a president, I will stand for him. As a relious man, I believe he is not saved (based on his theology which is something I can and should judge).

11. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Wow. We have Christians saying that homosexuality is no worse than any other sin. Things are getting rough here in Laodicea, aren't they?

12. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

From our Christian perspective yes - Homosexuality is worse than telling a white lie.

But are many people in Hell who were not practicing homosexuals and never committed a homosexual act.

When Christians start categorizing sin they start accomodating all sin and minimizing some sins.

13. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

No sin should be minimized. Even if your Presidential idol panders to its promoters.

14. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Yeah, but I prefer to let God judge Sinners rather than doing it myself. I find that I'm always messing it up and getting it wrong.

15. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

So we should allow practicing impenitent homosexuals to join our churches, because we don't want to be judging sinners?

16. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Nobody ever said that - where'd you get that idea?

Last time I checked - None of the Presidential Candidates had tried to join any church!

17. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

And you need to thicken your skin. If you have a position, you best be adult enough to defend that position, or remain silent.

One that is common to believers these days. Don't believe me? Check out beyondbelief.org. If you don't think this kind of belief is a prevalent one in the body of Christ, you are mistaken. The fight isn't wit W in this, the fight is with ourselves.

No, on both counts.

Well, since Baptists did so well shutting Disney down from the outside, I gues we should all use your example and stand outside mainline churches throwing stones, right?

Some of us are theologically conservative and involved in liberal churches because we believe God has put is there in order to speak the truth in love.

But I'm sure that is Wrong in your book, because Only The Right Church (tm) Will Get You Saved, right?

So unless someone embraces the precisely correct theology at all times, they aren't saved? So the day you were saved, you knew all there was to know? So you never have, at any point in time, had an errant theological belief that someone corrected you upon? Never?

Well, I admit that I have. My theological understanding has grown over the years, and my faith in Christ has matured even in recent days. There was a time I might, too, have made a statement like W's, but loving people corrected me.

(By the way, don't try and tell me that this is not what you were saying. It clearly is what you are saying, and that is sad.)

DD, you need to realize that, in our postReformation culture, no one is going to adhere to the precise theology of any denomination or group of believers. There are important core beliefs that we must all adhere to, but thanks to the society we live in, both inside and outside of church, not every believer is as solidly versed in those core beliefs than they should be.

Condemning someone to Hell because of this is, in my considered opinion, a little ignorant. Pray for Bush. Work to try and educate him theologically on these important points of faith. But disimissing him out-of-hand as an unrepentant, unsaved sinner is at best Pharaisical.

18. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Yeah, because you go less to Hell for telling a lie than being homosexual. Gee I forgot about that part of the Bible...

19. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

tragic, you didn't understand a thing I said. I will not waste my time anymore with you.

20. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Actually someone did say that: