• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ouch!

kyredneck

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
Meet Keith Judd, who's incarcerated in Texas for extortion. He's also a serial presidential candidate, and in West Virginia's Democratic primary Tuesday, he grabbed 41 percent of the vote from President Obama. Republicans are gleeful.


http://m.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/President/2012/0509/Ouch!-Obama-loses-41-percent-of-W.Va.-primary-vote-to-federal-inmate

That's gotta hurt. :laugh:

It is funny. I'm becoming more convinced that Obama is a goner come November. I hope sensible conservatives gain both houses also. I'd like to have just a little optimism for a change.
 

Crabtownboy

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
It is funny. I'm becoming more convinced that Obama is a goner come November. I hope sensible conservatives gain both houses also. I'd like to have just a little optimism for a change.

I would not put much stock in this vote. What better way to give the establishment the bird than vote against it, especially in a meaningless vote. :laugh:
 

kyredneck

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
I would not put much stock in this vote. What better way to give the establishment the bird than vote against it, especially in a meaningless vote. :laugh:

Before Obama 'came out of the closet' on gay marriage it looked to me it could have been a close race. I agree with the quote from the article I posted, "gay marriage issue is toxic at the ballot box". He should have remained 'in the closet'.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Salty

20,000 Posts Club
Administrator
Before Obama 'came out of the closet' on gay marriage it looked to me it could have been a close race. I agree with the quote from the article I posted, "gay marriage issue is toxic at the ballot box". He should have remained 'in the closet'.

I assume you are talking about homosexual "Marriage"?
 

saturneptune

New Member
Before Obama 'came out of the closet' on gay marriage it looked to me it could have been a close race. I agree with the quote from the article I posted, "gay marriage issue is toxic at the ballot box". He should have remained 'in the closet'.
Who was he in the closet with? LOL

I have been thinking about what you said about Obama's chances, and I think this might have hurt him. Where I think it really hurt in the electoral college in Obama's ability to pick off or maintain southern and border states. Before this, there was a link posted about Obama picking off a southern state or two because of Evangelicals staying home due to Romney. I believe this comment sealed the South and border states for Romney. Personally, the breakdown of states makes no difference to me between these two.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Arbo

Active Member
Site Supporter
Before this, there was a link posted about Obama picking off a southern state or two because of Evangelicals staying home due to Romney. I believe this comment sealed the South and border states for Romney.

I think in the eyes of many, a line has been drawn in the sand.
 

saturneptune

New Member
I think in the eyes of many, a line has been drawn in the sand.
Something about that comment just sets wrong with me. While I would not have voted for Obama anyhow, this did open a small gap with Romney on this issue. Before there was no difference. Now the difference is that Obama is rubbing our nose in it, and Romney is trying to convince us he never was in favor or or has changed his mind about gay rights. I still do not trust a word Romney says, but one does have to admit if they are fair, that this does seperate the two however slightly.
 

kyredneck

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
I assume you are talking about homosexual "Marriage"?

Well, homosexual is five syllables, gay is one. What would happen if I just said queer? You'd understand that one wouldn't you? Methinks a moderator wouldn't like it though.
 

freeatlast

New Member
It is funny. I'm becoming more convinced that Obama is a goner come November. I hope sensible conservatives gain both houses also. I'd like to have just a little optimism for a change.
I think we have lost site of what being conservative is. There is not enough conservatives in politics to control just one branch in congress much less both. What is being called conservative today by many is closer to moderate. A true conservative is a rare person today.
 
Top