1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pence, something to think about

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Wingman68, Jun 5, 2023.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like Pence for his integrity and faith.

But I don't think he can win the hard core Trump supporters.

The reason is Pence, according to Trump, could have overthrown the election. Pence also acknowledged that DT was pressuring certain states to "find votes" where none existed and told Pence that he (Pence) was "too honest".

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the hard core DT supporters will never support anyone but DT.. I guess the question is… how many hard core DT supporters are there? And is there enough independents or conservative Dems to make up the difference?

Isn’t politics fun?

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, what I would like to see in the polls - in a similar way that sports writers vote for the best college football team.
    For example - if there are 10 men running for President - the one you like the best gets 10 points, the one you like the second best - you get 9 points, the one you like third best....
    By the way - if there is someone you don't like at all - you can give them zero points.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well....it's entertaining.

I always wondered what drew people to WWE. Now I get it. :Biggrin

• Like Like x 2
  5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The thing about Trump that people like is not his platform (other Republicans hold the same platform). It is his ego and behavior (the same reason many Christians have moved away from Trump). So it is more of a personality thing.

What the GOP needs is somebody like Pence - a political leader that is deemed "too honest". The GOP needs somebody that people will take seriously, and somebody that can advance the GOP rather than his own ego. Trump does not fit this category.

I do not know if Pence could get the votes. But somebody with his characteristics, integrity, and faith is the type of person needed in the GOP.

6. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He most likely will not. However, perhaps he would, if he were elected, or at least declared elected. :Wink

7. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pence is a policy wonk. He’s boring. I admit I am ready for a boring, stable, competent POTUS.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Understandable. He's just not likely to get the presidency. His association with Trump hurts him both ways.

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately we live in a culture that prizes personality over content.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or was it that Pence was a loyal VEEP by not saying much.
    Now that he is his own man- will we see a difference.

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. RipponRedeaux

RipponRedeaux Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Content is equivalent to policies; and DJT had good policies in place.

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except for a few pandering policies, he does have a good platform. That is my point.

But Trump is not the only one with that platform. He didn't invent that platform. So it is not the platform but the personality.

And that is unfortunate given that so many professing Christians are drawn to the personality. It speaks to the flesh. People like the class bully as long as that bully is their friend. Sheeple are drawn to that type of person. It is personality over substance.

14. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see Pence has gone out of his way to criticize DT over the last few days. He isn’t commenting on the indictments, but talking about how DT wanted him to violate the constitution in 2020 election.

I don’t know if it’s a good strategy, but with DeSantis losing steam, Pence is, imo, pushing for the debate on whether he was correct on Jan 6 to certify.

It will get him free TV coverage. We will see if it moves the polls.

peace to you

15. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMG_5344.jpeg

Liddle’ is the code word here, fyi.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. RipponRedeaux

RipponRedeaux Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Talk about wishful thinking. Pence is a single digit kind of guy.

17. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    So was DT this early in 2016

peace to you

18. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But since then we have seen him, single handedly, make America great again, & seen Pence for the zero that he is. Trump should have picked Huckabee for the evangelical vote. Trump is good at letting people expose themselves, is he not?!

19. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Expose himself? No, that would be DT exposing himself. He would rather the country burn than admit he lost 2020.

DT single handedly gave us the Covid vaccine. DT stated he believed Trans should use bathroom of their choice. DT stated he should be declared POTUS even if the constitution has to be ignored.

No sir, DT has exposed himself as being obsessed with…. Himself. He cannot help himself. He has stuck his foot in his mouth so many times, his breath smells like $2000 pair of “my slippers.”

peace to you

#39 canadyjd, Aug 7, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2023
  20. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here’s a little snippet from Tucker’s new book……

In discussing his tenure at CNN, Carlson recalled that Mike Pence was one of the most frequent guests booked on his program. Pence, who was a young, ambitious congressman at the time, was “creepy as h***” even then, Carlson says.

“I’ve been around him a lot, and always felt that he was a totally sinister figure, craven and dishonest,” he tells author Chadwick Moore. “Everything about Pence is false.”

Carlson tells the author that he believes Pence purposely sabotaged the Trump Administration over the entire course of his tenure. He believes that the Pence insubordination campaign went into overdrive during the covid hysteria era, when he stood up the infamous White House Coronavirus Task Force, and delivered unprecedented power to Dr. Anthony Fauci.

While noting that this does not absolve President Trump from ultimate responsibility for his actions, Carlson perceives Pence’s role as someone deployed into the administration to “undermine Trump and to keep an eye on him.”

• Agree Agree x 1