• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Posting Room For Doctrine of Grace Believers Only

I'd be against hiding in some forum created only for "us." Sounds milquetoast to me. Leave it the way it is now.

I wouldn't consider it hiding. I would like for it to be an open forum, where all can read. But, if any of us "A's" respond, after three warnings, do like the Three Stooges stated one time, "Give'm the axe, the axe, the axe"!!
 

NaasPreacher (C4K)

Well-Known Member
Should 'they' have their own forum? How about the KJVOers? The post-mils?

This is a bad precedent in my mind. The Fundamental Baptist forum does not have protected status. Should it be protected?
 

Earth Wind and Fire

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
I would not be for it. Reading the arguments for/against DoG has sharpened my theology.

What I would be for is less bitterness and rancor on both sides. When we get to Theology 101 in Heaven I expect that we will find that both sides were equally wrong on some things and on others points we were closer than we thought.

so why not have it both ways .... A forum for Calvinists to debate one another & learn from one another without INTERFERENCE & then the other contentious ones we all know and love (rolls eyes). As it stands now Ive just used the ignore feature to eliminate half the er, ahhhh Nay Sayers anyway (BTW.... List is Growing) LOL
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Earth Wind and Fire

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
If this comes to a vote in the admin council I would vote a resounding no. If we can't discuss our beliefs and differences in Christian love we have much more serious issues to deal with.

LOL.....And we've displayed that many times that we cant!
 

12strings

Active Member
How about This, if you want to discuss something with DOG only, Start a new thread here, and in the OP, simply ask (1) that no one post criticisms or attack against Calvinistic Doctrine, and (2) WHEN some disregard #1, ask everyone else to COMPLETELY IGNORE THAT POST and go on with the conversation as if it were not there.
 

Earth Wind and Fire

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
How about This, if you want to discuss something with DOG only, Start a new thread here, and in the OP, simply ask (1) that no one post criticisms or attack against Calvinistic Doctrine, and (2) WHEN some disregard #1, ask everyone else to COMPLETELY IGNORE THAT POST and go on with the conversation as if it were not there.

Add the ignore feature & your home free:thumbs:

Now do you really think some of these pin heads will have a level of self restraint?!?:laugh: Im envisioning the Wild Wild West!:smilewinkgrin:
 

Alive in Christ

New Member
What about someone like me?

I am EXCEEDINGLY grace oriented regarding the christian walk, yet I consider calvinism to be just overflowing with errors.
 

Tom Bryant

Well-Known Member
Speaking as a non-Calvinist, I would respect any thread that says this is only for Calvinists to post in (I'd lurk and read, though. Would that be allowed? :smilewinkgrin: ). I try to stay out of those discussions simply because they are worse than a messy divorce in terms of meanness. But, if Calvinists are anything like non-Calvinists (and I suspect we're all alike in this), pretty soon the debates/discussions would become either boring or as mean spirited as they do in cal vs non-Cal debates here.
 

12strings

Active Member
Add the ignore feature & your home free:thumbs:

Now do you really think some of these pin heads will have a level of self restraint?!?:laugh: Im envisioning the Wild Wild West!:smilewinkgrin:


No, I imagine if you keep calling them "pin heads" they will probably want to respond to that....
 

Allan

Active Member
There are a couple of problems with this as the Admin would have to do the same for the Non-Cals, but also as was addressed prior you will need to qualify what constitutes Calvinistic/Reformed to be allowed.

Many of the initial reformed did not hold to limited atonement (ie, Luther for example) so will you allow 4 pointers as well who are historically considered Reformed but not Calvinistic into the thread. Calvinistic ential nothing less than 5 points but it falls under the arch of Reformed beliefs.

THis is not trying to make it hard or complicated, but many Reformed are heavily divided over this..on the one hand some say 4 pointers are Reformed, and on the other you have those who state ONLY 5 pointers truly hold to Reformed beliefs.

And if I remember correctly (Don't quote me though as it has been a while for me since I was active here) but you are or were Primitive Baptist which is different than Calvinism (though kin to it somewhat). I could be wrong of course and might be thinking of another.

I agree though, it would be nice to have a forum where non-cals could go to talk about their doctrine without critique and harsh words, however ... I believe it is not the doctrines themselves (per-say) that is issue but the hearts of those whom are debating. Sometimes the person might be having a bad, sometimes something is read in such a way that it appeared to present something offensive, sometimes the other person IS just being offensive.

I know for me I have had many good debates and edification with my Reformed brothers in discussing differences, and other times I have been on the receiving end of antagonistic and rude remarks, and I have given in kind at times as well. Can such a thing as our own forums be.. possibly.. the real questions for such are 3:

1. who qualifies for the forums in question to be created (Cal or non)
2. attitudes within those forums
3. and if other people can refrain from jumping in, who do not qualify for being a part of it, and making remarks

Numbers 1 and 3 are most likely gonna be your biggest oppositions
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Mexdeaf

New Member
How about This, if you want to discuss something with DOG only, Start a new thread here, and in the OP, simply ask (1) that no one post criticisms or attack against Calvinistic Doctrine, and (2) WHEN some disregard #1, ask everyone else to COMPLETELY IGNORE THAT POST and go on with the conversation as if it were not there.

Yes it is as simple as that.
 

Earth Wind and Fire

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
There are a couple of problems with this as the Admin would have to do the same for the Non-Cals, but also as was addressed prior you will need to qualify what constitutes Calvinistic/Reformed to be allowed.

Many of the initial reformed did not hold to limited atonement (ie, Luther for example) so will you allow 4 pointers as well who are historically considered Reformed but not Calvinistic into the thread. Calvinistic ential nothing less than 5 points but it falls under the arch of Reformed beliefs.

THis is not trying to make it hard or complicated, but many Reformed are heavily divided over this..on the one hand some say 4 pointers are Reformed, and on the other you have those who state ONLY 5 pointers truly hold to Reformed beliefs.

And if I remember correctly (Don't quote me though as it has been a while for me since I was active here) but you are or were Primitive Baptist which is different than Calvinism (though kin to it somewhat). I could be wrong of course and might be thinking of another.

I agree though, it would be nice to have a forum where non-cals could go to talk about their doctrine without critique and harsh words, however ... I believe it is not the doctrines themselves (per-say) that is issue but the hearts of those whom are debating. Sometimes the person might be having a bad, sometimes something is read in such a way that it appeared to present something offensive, sometimes the other person IS just being offensive.

I know for me I have had many good debates and edification with my Reformed brothers in discussing differences, and other times I have been on the receiving end of antagonistic and rude remarks, and I have given in kind at times as well. Can such a thing as our own forums be.. possibly.. the real questions for such are 3:

1. who qualifies for the forums in question to be created (Cal or non)
2. attitudes within those forums
3. and if other people can refrain from jumping in, who do not qualify for being a part of it, and making remarks

Numbers 1 and 3 are most likely gonna be your biggest oppositions

I would review all those situations as an opportunity to debate with them in order to clarify issues & bring them to a fuller & more complete understanding of Doctrines of Grace. I was a 4 pointer until I read James M Boyce book & I could impart that information to those people confused. Of course while doing that, Id prefer not to have some non-calvinist griping & B'ing about it....that only serves as a counterbalance.
 

JesusFan

Well-Known Member
If you want a forum where only Reformed Baptists could discuss their theology, I am all for it. However, I doubt that would limit others from engaging in our conversations (the fundamental baptist portion of this forum is a prime example). If you are advocating a place where we can only discuss issues and not engage in other parts of the forum, I am against this type of segregation.

What about those of us who are believers in doG as regarding Sotierology from the biblical perspective, but not reformed as regarding holding to eschatology, church governnment, creeds etc as held by "reformed" baptists?
 

Ruiz

New Member
What about those of us who are believers in doG as regarding Sotierology from the biblical perspective, but not reformed as regarding holding to eschatology, church governnment, creeds etc as held by "reformed" baptists?

I think this forum could be used to "hash" out these things.
 
Top