I have 4 children. We are a blended family and I was not saved until I married my husband. I had already had 2 children outside of marriage and he had one from a previous marriage and we have one together.
My older kids have accepted Christ but that is debatable. I think they were doing it to make me happy. (I'm not happy)
My step daughter, she was about 10 at the time and she accepted Christ. I can't say weather or not I believe or disbelieve her because she lives 1500 miles from us and her mother in not saved and does not go to church.
Now to my point. My youngest is 4 going om 5 next month. He has been born to saved parents and is growing up in church. He loves church and Jesus. Lately I have been talking to him about sin and trying to teach him what sin is and what you have to do if you do sin. We start small. Like lying. I told him every time he lies or sins a black mark goes on his heart. And the only way to clean that black mark is to ask Jesus to forgive you and tell Him your sorry.
That has been going well.
Saturday he was sassy with me and I told him that was a sin. He told me and Jesus he was sorry. About 30 min later he came to me and asked me if Jesus can live in your heart. I told him "yes He can."
He said he wanted Jesus to come and live in his heart. I asked if he wanted to pray to Jesus and ask Him to come in his heart. And he said yes. So we did.
Is it possible my son got saved at this point? Or do you think it was just curiosity or something else?
Opinions please........................
I told my pastors wife about this that night and she really didn't say anything, just kind of dismissed it.
My older kids have accepted Christ but that is debatable. I think they were doing it to make me happy. (I'm not happy)
My step daughter, she was about 10 at the time and she accepted Christ. I can't say weather or not I believe or disbelieve her because she lives 1500 miles from us and her mother in not saved and does not go to church.
Now to my point. My youngest is 4 going om 5 next month. He has been born to saved parents and is growing up in church. He loves church and Jesus. Lately I have been talking to him about sin and trying to teach him what sin is and what you have to do if you do sin. We start small. Like lying. I told him every time he lies or sins a black mark goes on his heart. And the only way to clean that black mark is to ask Jesus to forgive you and tell Him your sorry.
That has been going well.
Saturday he was sassy with me and I told him that was a sin. He told me and Jesus he was sorry. About 30 min later he came to me and asked me if Jesus can live in your heart. I told him "yes He can."
He said he wanted Jesus to come and live in his heart. I asked if he wanted to pray to Jesus and ask Him to come in his heart. And he said yes. So we did.
Is it possible my son got saved at this point? Or do you think it was just curiosity or something else?
Opinions please........................
I told my pastors wife about this that night and she really didn't say anything, just kind of dismissed it.