“If elected President, I will work to advance state and federal laws and amendments that recognize the unalienable right to life of all human beings as persons at every stage of development,” the Personhood Pledge says.
"I stand with President Ronald Reagan in supporting 'the unalienable personhood of every American, from the moment of conception until natural death,' and with the Republican Party platform in affirming that I ‘support a human life amendment to the Constitution, and endorse legislation to make clear that the 14th Amendment protections apply to unborn children,'" says the pledge.
"I believe that in order to properly protect the right to life of the vulnerable among us, every human being at every stage of development must be recognized as a person possessing the right to life in federal and state laws without exception and without compromise," the pledge says. "I recognize that in cases where a mother’s life is at risk, every effort should be made to save the baby’s life as well; leaving the death of an innocent child as an unintended tragedy rather than an intentional killing."
"I oppose assisted suicide, euthanasia, embryonic stem cell research, and procedures that intentionally destroy developing human beings," it continues.
Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman are the only two remaining candidates who have not signed the pledge.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/rep-ron-paul-signs-personhood-pledge-reservations