TomVols said:
I have been among the first to criticize the jack-booted thugs at Waco, Elian Gonzalez' family's house in Miami, etc. However, if I as a policeman know that there are armed folks inside a house where I am to make an arrest, and they have threatened physical force, am I supposed to go unarmed, thinking the people will not harm me and my men? I've seen it happen - and I've seen the body bags.
No way the government should go after tax offenders with guns blazing. But any criminal who wants to ramp up their crime with weapons needs to be prepared to meet equal or greater force. We're a country of laws. We have to act like it.
I appreciate your condemnation of the activities in Waco, Elian etc., and I appreciate your respect for the rule of law. However, some things to consider...
The only people that ever did jail time related to Waco were Branch Dividians. The individuals that shot and gased those women and children were never brought to justice.
One of the individuals that didn't go to jail but should've, was a man named Lon Horiuchi. If we back up a couple years prior, it was Mr. Horiuchi that got the kill shot of Mrs. Weaver while she was holding her baby in her arms. Lon Horiuchi never spent a day in jail for his crimes at Ruby Ridge or Waco.
The man who shot Sammy Weaver's dog, never did jail time for his action. That same man, who put bullets up the spine of and killing the 14-year old Sammy, while he was running away, also did not do jail time.
There has been no action taken to change this lawless culture. Now there is a new set of folks the government is after. This new set has never committed a crime against persons or property and they believe that they have the written law on their side, even if the color of law is not. They've retreated to their property which they own and have desired to be left alone. The government can't allow that, not because Ed and Elaine Brown really matter to them but because of the people who are watching. If the people ever wake up to realize that a major battle to a long war was lost in 1913, then the bad guys would lose the grip they have on our once free country.
Now Henry Ford had some problems but he understood a very basic issue that some of America is waking up to...
“It is well enough that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” - Henry Ford
I believe Ed and Elaine Brown now understand our banking and monetary system and in that understanding they have taken it upon themselves to take a stand on this matter.
Now we can add to Waco and Ruby Ridge as we have another form of lawlessness by folks with badges. In light of what I believe history demonstrates regarding these type of events, I believe this man's testimony in the following video.
Ed Brown Siege Sniper Shoots Without Announcing At DogWalker - Video
I believe an unarmed man, who was not guilty of a crime (unless walking Ed Brown's dog is a criminal act) was shot at on the Brown property by someone who did not announce themselves as law enforcement. I believe that once he was in custody, they took it upon themselves to electrocute him.
Now why do I believe Riley and not the U.S. Marshalls? This is what they said in April...
"We're not going to go there and create an armed confrontation," - Ed Monier
"We will take all reasonable steps to resolve this peacefully," - Ed Monier
(Source:
http://www.unionleader.com/pda-article.aspx?articleId=87abc28b-e723-4168-97f5-cd3765b69a57)
"There is no standoff and the house is not surrounded. We have no intention of assaulting the house or engaging in a violent confrontation." - Ed Monier
(Source:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=3290003&page=2)
If they are not intending to create an armed confrontation and intend to resolve this peacefully, then perhaps they can refrain from placing their camo'd officers out in the bushes of private property and stop shooting at the friends of the owners of that property.
One more aspect to consider to this issue Ed Brown doesn't actually exist anymore as he changed his name to “Edward, a Living Soul in the Body of the Lord, of the House of Israel." I don't fully understand his religious convictions, but he does profess to be a Christian. I don't have the same assurance in the people that are coming after him.
"And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;" - John 2:15