The following is the email I sent to Slidell. Their response should be more than interesting. This version picks up after my introduction.
____________________
The AAATI is NOT an accrediting body. Accrediting bodies have standards that are met, and recieve approval. AAATI does not have such approval because it does not require the high academic standards of its schools. A good example of this tragedy is your school which, according to a student, does not require text books for the ThD? Just a KJV Bible? According to your own website a doctorate degree with no thesis? ? ? That is not school, that is a Bible study. That does not deserve accreditation, nor should it be called a degree (because it is not). Government approval is not the issue here, the issue is academic integrity. Government approved accreditation is a stamp of academic integrity (ie...the school meets certain academic standards). True that does not mean a school is good, nor does no accreditation mean a school is bad. However for a school that does not hold accreditation to claim accreditation, "full accreditation" in fact, is misleading and very bad. There are Christian accrediting agencies that are government approved (ie...TRACS). I know your school cannot gain such accreditation now, but it should try. Either that or you school needs to remove the claim of full accreditation from your website.
As Christians we should be straight forward about these matters. What about people who need accredited degrees, and sign up at your school thinking your school is truly accredited? When they go out to try to get a job, maybe at a Bible College or something, or when they try to transfer credits to another school (ie...a real accredited school, or even most quality non-accredited school) they are going to be turned down. Does that not bother you? Don't you feel that it is your job to be honest about the nature of your institution? The degrees you offer? Your accreditation? I think it should bother you because you are misleading people.
In the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord I beg you to consider dropping the claim to accreditation that you currently have, improve the academic quality of your program (require books, tapes, difficult proctored exams/tests, term papers, thesis for Masters/Doctors programs, etc), and seek real accreditation. Then and only then claim to be fully accredited.
Now, having gone through the negative stuff, let me say that I admire your doctrinal statement. It is sound because it is Biblical. That makes what I had to say above all the more sad. Why not become a real school? You can do that with distance learning. You can, many schools have.
Because I believe in Christ, I believe in HIGH standards.