Thousand Hills
Active Member
I own two properties. ...north and south.
Oh, I see, another one of those
Just kidding :laugh: :wavey:
Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
I own two properties. ...north and south.
Oh, I see, another one of those
![]()
Just kidding :laugh: :wavey:
It is somewhat different.I am scouting out the landscape....and the culture...haha....
Preach Tony mentioned North Alabama, if thats the area you are in, would Jeff Noblit's church (http://www.gracelifeshoals.org/) be within driving distance?
Churches rise and fall in membership quite often. Certain parts of Georgia are rather transitory, all things considered, and have people constantly moving in and out of the area. Thankfully the down trend is not evident in every church. A preacher brother of mine recently became Pastor of a local church that had recently split. He told me they had 5 members on his first Sunday. I visited him about a year after he had taken the church and they had nearly 30, so the church was growing.the last church I was in...had seating for 300-500 people....18-20 were there counting my wife and I :tear:
One trend I've noticed is that the smaller churches are suffering the influx of the corporate megachurch that has a main campus and several satellite campuses (campi?). Church stopped being about soul-winning and soul-feeding, and became a social function. Not everyone is that way, but for some there is a certain level of pride in what campus they attend.In each church...perhaps because of the warm weather we find more than half the members are 70 or above...we find few young couples with children...so even if these saints are being faithful to an extent.....the energy level and ability might have "waned" a bit......no wonder they are hooked on SWEET TEA ...trying to get a sugar rush to keep the blood flowing:laugh:
Hey, don't knock the sweet tea, man. :smilewinkgrin:The locals at the yarn shop are giving my wife a tutorial on brewing the sweet tea putting tea in the window sill on a hot day:laugh:
This undoubtly tries to neutralize the sluggishness brought on by ingesting copious amounts of biscuits and gravy
I pray you find somewhere you will feel at home.I am laying low observing what is taking place..trying to get a temperature reading in each place and seeing what is the normal pattern of the people and then I will seek to meet with the leadership for more in depth discussion.