1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sticks & Stones - Do You Stone The Sabbath Breaker? (Num 15:32-36)

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alofa Atu, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have been completely and totally brainwashed on this issue.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh no brother, it is he who has "The Word" don't you know? And he sees only the ;parts of "The Word" that he wants to see and disregards those parts that do not work his way. He will come up with some cockamamie reason why you are wrong about him judging the Sabbath day - you watch, he will.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  3. Alofa Atu

Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You mean this "old God"?

Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
    Heb 1:11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
    Heb 1:12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

Psa 102:25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
    Psa 102:26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:
    Psa 102:27 But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

You mean that "God who killed", that God of "wrath"?

Rev_6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Luk_19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

You mean 'Jesus'? That 'old God'?

In love, is wrath. It cannot permit sin.

Rev_3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Lev 19:17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
    Lev 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Exo_20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
    Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Same God. Read Exodus 20:2. It was He who brought them out of bondage. It was He which carried them.

Exo_19:4 Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.

Isa_63:9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

Read Exodus 33:12-23, 34:1-9, 20:5-7.

The same God who promised from the beginning:

Rev_13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
    Gen 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

I don't really care about your incorrect aprioric agendas, nor do I intend for even a moment to support your folly or comment therein. It would be a waste of time.

4. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Yet here you are only speaking your words in order to deny God's Word. I have only shared God's Word with you and God's Word is not my words but Gods. What is it in the scriptures share with you that you say are not true and if I have only shared God's Word with you why do you not believe them? Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them.

5. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    No need. You are confused. COLOSSIANS 2 is not talking about the any one of God's 10 commandments. It is talking about the SHADOW laws in "ORDINANCES" from the MOSAIC BOOK of the law *EXODUS 24:7 and the SHADOW sabbaths in feast days not God's 4th commandment that is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *ROMANS 3:20.

If your interested in a detailed scripture proof reply to this examining the within scripture and chapter context connecting Old and New testament scriptures that prove the above please see the linked scripture response here as this has been addressed in detail here....

COL 2:16 And The Sabbath - Are You Being Told The Truth?

Surface readers are like sifting sand going nowhere.

6. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No thanks; won't do it. The Word is already complete. We don't need that as we don't need the Book of Mormon.

Answer this one: The second commandment starts by saying, "You shall make for yourself a graven image, or an likeness of anything that is the heaven above or in the earth below." A complete thought. So is photography evil? engineering drawing? computer icons? dolls?
    any statue?-- ANY likeness of ANYthing.

7. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    You will not because you cannot as the scripture in the linked posts below show why you are in error.

COL 2:16 And The Sabbath - Are You Being Told The Truth?

As psoted earlier surface readers are like sifting sand going nowhere. Ignoring God's WORD does not make it dissappear.

#127 3rdAngel, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  8. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then shut up.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  9. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Love is the fruit of the Spirit *GALATIANS 5:22-23. JESUS tells us by their fruits you shall know them. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that brings not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits you shall know them. Careful brother, your fruits are showing *1 JOHN 2:3-4; JOHN 15:1-10

#129 3rdAngel, Oct 28, 2019
  10. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh bananas!

11. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Indeed! I am sure many will be saying this when they find out only to late that they never really knew JESUS by practicing sin according to God's Word * MATTHEW 7:22-26.

#131 3rdAngel, Oct 28, 2019
  12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes you have judged me. you hide behind God's word just like the pharisees did when they judged others:

John 7:49 But this people who knoweth not the law are cursed.

How are you any different than they when you come through here at the BB like a rooster crowing how wonderful you are because you keep the Sabbath and we don't (and you really don't know whether any of us do or don't).

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  13. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    As I posted earlier brother I do not judge you. God's WORD is our judge and that is all I have shared with you *JOHN 12:47-48. If you feel convicted of sin than harden not your heart receive God's Word and be blessed. I am no one. He (the Word) must increase we must decrease. I have only pointed you to God's Word. It is up to you now brother to believe and follow it. Ignoring God's Word does not make it dissappear.

14. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have shared your interpretation of God's word, that is all what you have done. You have strayed from the basic Christian teaching on the issue that has existed for the last 2000 years and more.

According to you, everyone else is wrong including the Apostles, the Early Church Fathers, all the Popes, all the Bishops, all the other Christian leaders of other denominations all down through the many centuries, and now you and only you have the truth about this.

In essence you are saying that God would allow a lie to continue on in his name for 2 millennia and that is just not possible. You are the one who has gone off the deep end, it is you who has abandoned the basic Christian teaching and truth about this, not us.

#134 Adonia, Oct 28, 2019
  15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    like i said IMO you are a pharisee "sharing God's WORD" puffing yourself up.
    take your own advice brother.
    yes this is true indeed (of any of us).
    OK we are waiting
    yes some more truth you have stumbled upon.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  16. Alofa Atu

Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Let's consider the NT texts:

17. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Arr nope! I have only shared God's Word with you. God's Word is not mine but God's but you do not believe it. Now what basic Chrsitian teaching do you claim I have strayed from when I have only shared Gods' Word with you and you only provide your own words that deny God's? If you cannot show me from the scriptures than why are you making claims that are not true and if I have only shared God's Word with you than why do you not believe it? Now please show me where it says in God's WORD that God's 4th commandment has now been abolished as we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? If you cannot than who are you following God or man?
    Well that is not true. The Apostles support what I am sharing with you and I have only shared there words with you but you do not believe them. As to the rest? Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. JESUS says all those who follow man made teachings that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9. You either have God's Word for your faith or you do not. It seems you do not.
    If I am only following and sharing God's WORD and calling your attention to man made teachings that are not found in God's WORD that break the commandments of God and lead others away from following God's WORD and showing this through the Word of God alone who is it that has departed the Christian faith; me or you? Something to pray about brother. Ignoring God's WORD does not make it dissappear.

May you receive God's WORD and be blessed.

#137 3rdAngel, Oct 28, 2019
  18. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Well this is sad for you brother. If I have only pointed you to God's Word and not mine. How have I puffed my self up by sharing God's Word with you? If I have only shared God's WORD with you why do you not believe it?

For me, he must increase and I must decrease. I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. I know him and am known by him. All that he shows me I see and must show to all because I am blind. He tells me it is those that say they see that do not see. These are they that have once known him or do not know him. There is only life in the living Word. These are his Words and not my own. Freely I give because freely I have received.

I must speak in the light and what I hear preach in the housetops. Many will not hear because they do not know Him. He is the Word of God and those that believe him are those that he has chosen. They follow him because they love him and are loved by him. Many are called but few are chosen. There is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed come judgment day.

May you receive God's Word and be blessed. Ignoring God's Word does not make it dissappear.

#138 3rdAngel, Oct 28, 2019
  19. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 11 AM Pacific.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.