1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Doctrine of Election in a Nutshell

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by JD731, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Context BF context Ephesians 1:1-6. Read the whole think and not just the parts that you think support your view. You are just proving my point Calvinists do not understand context.

By the way you are emphasizing the wrong words in Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world {to be what} to be holy and blameless in His presence.

Your glasses must be fogged up as you keep missing the main point of the verse.

2. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then stop twisting the clear scripture. Read what it says not what you want it to say. Look at the context of Eph 1:1:4 and let the scripture speak to you.

Eph 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, To the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus:
    Eph 1:2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Spiritual Blessings in Christ
    Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
    Eph 1:4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
    Eph 1:5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
    Eph 1:6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

Your free, well actually your not are you. It has been determined by God that you, for what ever reason, will not accept the clear text of scripture. Perhaps it is so you will feel more conviction latter when He allows you to realize your mistake. Or perhaps He will just let you die in your error, why I do not know but who are you to question Him.

But then again I may be the tool that He is using to bring you back to a true understanding of the text. Lets pray that is the case.

3. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not ask what ponder meant, as you well know. But then you do like to avoid a direct response to things don't you.

4. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would seem that even Austin can get scripture right by times. God made us who were dead in sin alive with Christ Jesus when we heard the gospel message and believed it and then the Holy Spirit sealed us. Ephesians 1:13-14

5. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Austin I can see why you like the NLT, it twists the scriptures almost as bad as you do.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.