• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Golden Compass

Will you see "The Golden Compass"

  • At the theater and i can't wait!

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I'll wait until the video comes out

    Votes: 7 16.3%
  • I will reluctantly watch it so i can know what it is

    Votes: 4 9.3%
  • NEVER!

    Votes: 34 79.1%

  • Total voters
    43

menageriekeeper

Active Member
Nope, we won't be seeing it. I didn't vote because I never say never!

We won't be seeing it because I read the first book and found it to be a strange, violent tale that made me wonder how it had gotten choosen for whatever children's literature award it had posted on it cover. I claimed I was going to read the other two books, but could never seem to make myself interested enough to actually do so. This was all before I heard the brouha over the author's atheistic views and how he supposedly is trying to subvert my children into thinking they can kill 'god'. :rolleyes:
 

bobbyd

New Member
I'm putting it into the same category as the Harry Potter movies, it probably wouldn't hurt too much for me to see it in order to better understand for myself and to better be able to warn others as to why not...but i've just got too many better things to do.
So, it's about 99% no on my end.
 

Sheila

Member
I wont go see it! If I went to see it, just to see what it was about, and to tell others not to see it, I am supporting the movie. So "NO" I wont let Satan tempt me into seeing this movie because I have heard enough to know watching it "Is Not" what God would want me to do. I do admit the previews look wonderful, but that is how Satan likes to make things look.
 

MaryKay

New Member
I don't go to movies very often.I am not familiar with this . From what I have read from this forum I don't think it's for me. MK
 

Palatka51

New Member
pocadots1990 said:
Why waste the money?
I will not see it. I do like this genre and have seen TLOR many times and was disappointed that New Line Cinema is boasting, "From the studio that brought you Lord of the Rings", which tells be that the $8+dollars I spent on TLOR they used to make this one.
 

TC2

Member
Yes, most likely, just to see what all the hype's about.
Maybe not til DVD, but if niece shows an interest, we may
see it beforehand to screen it for her nana (who raises her).
 

I Am Blessed 24

Active Member
Why screen it and give them money?

The trailer and reviews should be enough to tell you what is wrong with it...which is everything.
 

gekko

New Member
went and saw it in theatres last night!

such a good movie.
am i an atheist now? heck yes. LOL.
of course not. haha.

i recommend you people to not be so narrow-minded and go see the movie. haha.

if you don't want to see it - that's fine.
don't try to convince others not to see it because it is apparently inherently evil. LOL.

great movie. can't wait for the second and third installment.
may not be doing good here - but it's doin good in the uk i hear.

peace out.
 
The Bible should convince those who are God's to not go see the movie.

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
 

readmore

New Member
Whether it's in the Bible or not is not really the question. Whether your preference to apply the principal here is necessarily "Bible truth" in itself is in question.
 
Top