1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Holy Spirit Is Yahweh

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SavedByGrace, Dec 8, 2021.

1. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have asked Aaron a few times to define his "Trinity", which he has so far refused to do!

2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot understand as to why not. There is more than one understanding of God's Persons in the Trinity. Three distinct Persons being the one and the same Yahweh God.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. Are you?

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems that some hear have a real issue with seeing God as scriptures state Him as being!

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, so there are 3 who are called Yahweh in Bible, and yet just One Yahweh?

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me try one more time. Note: I am not saying anything here that I did not already say above.

God is one God in three Persons, the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Each Person eternal, with no beginning and no end.

Yahweh is a name of God, of the three Persons collectively. It is not a name of one Person. So, saying that the Holy Spirit is Yahweh, is jarring and unscriptural. Saying that the Son is Yahweh, is jarring and unscriptural. I've never seen that usage in Scripture.

If one wants to use the name Yahweh in reference to one Person, though I see no reason to except to wrest some meaning that isn't really there, then it's best to say "Yahweh the Son," or "Yahweh the Spirit," like we say God the Son, or God the Spirit.

There is one exception, we can speak of the Father alone as Yahweh, because the will of God is the Father's and His supremely. The Son and the Spirit are given by the Father. This understanding is lost in the loutish usage of the name insisted upon in the OP.

But Yeshy and SBG don't need to worry about this kind of thing. One dared to postulate three Yahweh's, and the other doesn't understand salvation. They need to go back to the first principles of the doctrines of Christ.

• Like Like x 1