4His_glory
New Member
While reading a blog this morning, I came across some interesting quotes of C.H. Spurgeon in regards to reading. These are from a message he preached on 2Tm. 3:14.
In regards to the Apostle Paul asking Timothy to "bring the books" Spurgeon says:
How much time to you take to read? I personally enjoy reading, but I still found Spurgeon's words are rebuke to me personally. I should read more.
Do you think that our modern society has encouraged us not to read?
In regards to the Apostle Paul asking Timothy to "bring the books" Spurgeon says:
He is inspired, and yet he wants books!
He has been preaching at least for thirty years, and yet he wants books!
He had seen the Lord, and yet he wants books!
He had had a wider experience than most men, and yet he wants books!
He had been caught up into the third heaven, and had heard things which it was unlawful for a men to utter, yet he wants books!
He had written the major part of the New Testament, and yet he wants books!
The apostle says to Timothy and so he says to every preacher, "Give thyself unto reading."
The man who never reads will never be read; he who never quotes will never be quoted. He who will not use the thoughts of other men's brains, proves that he has no brains of his own.
Brethren, what is true of ministers is true of all our people. You need to read.
How much time to you take to read? I personally enjoy reading, but I still found Spurgeon's words are rebuke to me personally. I should read more.
Do you think that our modern society has encouraged us not to read?