1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Pope on our relationship with Jesus

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Born Again Catholic, Apr 2, 2005.

1. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

The Pope didn't write that.

2. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Ok we have all heard what the pope said about Jesus. Now post some of his writings about Mary.

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I ask all of you who are gathered in Jasna Gora for the Marian Congress to pray for the intentions of the Church and the world. As we give thanks for 20 centuries of Mary's protection of the Church, let us together ask her to lead believers towards an ever more perfect knowledge of the saving power of the Sacrifice of Christ, who is present in the Eucharist. Let us pray that the living experience of communion with Christ may bear fruits of zeal in the hearts of all Christians as they build up a communion of love among men. May the Mother of God lead us into the third millennium, united around the Word of God who was made flesh in her. I cordially bless you all.

http://www.ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/JP96-815.HTM

4. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

I won't post the entire letter. I offer his closing comments for you to consider the IMPACT of what he has said.

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/apost_letters/documents/hf_jp-ii_apl_20021016_rosarium-virginis-mariae_en.html

APOSTOLIC LETTER
    ROSARIUM VIRGINIS MARIAE
    OF THE SUPREME PONTIFF
    JOHN PAUL II
    TO THE BISHOPS, CLERGY
    AND FAITHFUL
    ON THE MOST HOLY ROSARY

May this appeal of mine not go unheard! At the start of the twenty-fifth year of my Pontificate, I entrust this Apostolic Letter to the loving hands of the Virgin Mary, prostrating myself in spirit before her image in the splendid Shrine built for her by Blessed Bartolo Longo, the apostle of the Rosary. I willingly make my own the touching words with which he concluded his well-known Supplication to the Queen of the Holy Rosary: “O Blessed Rosary of Mary, sweet chain which unites us to God, bond of love which unites us to the angels, tower of salvation against the assaults of Hell, safe port in our universal shipwreck, we will never abandon you. You will be our comfort in the hour of death: yours our final kiss as life ebbs away. And the last word from our lips will be your sweet name, O Queen of the Rosary of Pompei, O dearest Mother, O Refuge of Sinners, O Sovereign Consoler of the Afflicted. May you be everywhere blessed, today and always, on earth and in heaven”.
    From the Vatican, on the 16th day of October in the year 2002, the beginning of the twenty- fifth year of my Pontificate.
    JOHN PAUL II

For your consideration;

In Christ's service;
    Jim

5. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

This is from the Pope's Last Will and Testament:

I do not know when it will come, but, like all else, this moment too I place into the hands of the Mother of My Master: Totus Tuus. In the same maternal hands I place All those with whom my life and vocation are bound. Into these Hands I leave above all the Church, and also my Nation and all humanity.

Source: Pope's Last Will and Testament

6. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

The Catholic encounter with the living Jesus is eating a cookie.

7. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

JGrubbs;
    Now THAT is interesting.

Lu 23:46
    And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

Ac 7:59
    And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Pope says, "...this moment too I place into the hands of the Mother of My Master: Totus Tuus."

Totus Tuus ego sum (Latin for ``I am completely in Your hands'')

Things that make you go...HMMM?
    In HIS service;
    Jim

8. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Wow, that is a cruel thing to say.

Millions of Catholics on the planet at any given time, and you've just categorized every one of them as a preschooler at snack time.

I hardly know where to begin, so I won't. Enjoy your time hating others, james.

9. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I don't understand why there are some on a Baptist forum who are shocked that there are Baptist who don't support or endorse the false religion of Catholicism. :confused:

10. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Why don't you file a hate crime charge against me? You are an officer of the love police, right?

Isa 29:21 That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of naught.

Catholics that do not read their bible, that do not examine what they are being taught, are being sent to hell by the boat load, and you are defending the captain. Nice.

11. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I guess we expected better out of Christians. Not that you shouldn't diaagree, but that so many of the posters are so petty and bigoted about it, that's all.

12. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Is it bigoted to say that Catholicism is a false religion?

13. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Who is the bigoted one?
    The one who is pointing out the PUBLICALLY posted errors of a religion or the one who BLINDLY DEFENDS its adherents in the name of some warm fuzzy feeling?

Tragic; (nice name)

Over and over on this board in many different threads you continue to howl the same old thing. That "thing" can be summarized as follows;
    It is WRONG to point out error. It is WRONG to point people to what the Bible SAYS. It is WRONG to tell your "christin" brothers they are in error.

Yet, Tragically, that mindset is what ALLOWS error and is what send multitudes to the pit with no WARNING at all. That mindset is evil in the extreme for it ALLOWS multitudes to enter the pit thinking they were ok with God.

No, sir. We will NOT desist in the name of "Love".

In HIS service;
    Jim

14. csmith

csmith New Member

Thanks av1611jim. That has been a long time coming. I have been trying to not post on the same threads as some individuals for the very reason you listed above. It always ends up being a pity party for a few individuals who feel like they are being attacked personally. Funny thing is: They love to put themselves into positions that instigate scorn.

15. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

csmith;
    I mean no harm. But I will not sit by and say nothing when error is being done.

Jas 4:17
    Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

In HIS service;
    Jim

16. csmith

csmith New Member