Mark Osgatharp
New Member
The Lord infallibly rescued me from the danger of hell when I trusted Him. Had I not trusted Him, I would have eventually gone to hell. That makes perfectly good sense in a non-Calvinite context.Originally posted by whatever:
What does He infallibly rescue us from, if not danger? If we are not lost then how could we be saved?
But if, as Calvinism teaches, I was predestinated to go to heaven before I was ever born, and God predestinated and willed to infallibly bring me to faith and keep me out of hell, then I was never for one second of my existence ever in any danger of going to hell whatsoever.
This is a very crucial point to be made, for it turns Calvinism on it's head. The fact is, all who have been converted to real faith in Christ at one time saw themselves on the road to hell. Even those who later fall into the error of Calvinism were, if truly converted, at one time convinced they were going to hell and thus trusted Christ.
If Calvinism be true, then everyone who was ever converted was converted on the basis of a false premise and a false conviction, namely, that he stood in danger of going to hell. But if Calvinism be so, none of the elect - either before or after coming to faith - were ever in any minute danger of going to hell.
Just get to mulling that over in your mind when you lay your weary head down on the pillow tonight.
Mark Osgatharp