1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Word prior to His incarnation.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 37818, May 8, 2024.

1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I agree with you that God the Son is not of the word of God. That being said I ask;
    Relative to John 1:1-2 Is the Word that was with God and the Word that is God, the Word that was made flesh, in reality, the mind thoughts and intent of the Living God rather than some concept of, "person"? In other words, the thoughts and intent of God, the Word, came in the flesh as a person the Son of the Living God, the Christ?

I will be who i will be, came in the flesh as, I Am! ----- Emmanuel

Does the Word of God actually say something other than that? If so, what?

Is what the following heard, what became flesh?

And the LORD spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice. Duet 4:12
    For who is there of all flesh, that hath heard the voice of the living God speaking out of the midst of the fire, as we have, and lived? Duet 5:26

Heb 1:1,2 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Is the Word made flesh, what God speaks to us, in Person of Son?

3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The text twice says that Word was with God. Suggesting being a different person. But also says the Word was God, suggesting the Word as being the same God, while being another Person.

John 1:1-2 was prior to the incarnation. And John 1:18 referring to the Son is prior to the incarnation per Genesis 12:7 etc.

#63 37818, May 19, 2024
    Last edited: May 19, 2024