No,you don't have to rub your eyes.I ran a thread a short time ago with a different conclusion.I'm not sure at this point if I want to devote my limited energy on other books of the Bible for this exercise.But for now we'll go to the book of Jeremiah.
H = HCSB;T = TNIV
6:14
H : They have treated My people's brokenness superficially.
T : They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious.
6:15
H : They can no longer feel humiliation.
T : they do not even know how to blush.
[ Most versions render it the same as the TNIV.The word humilation captures the idea somewhat -- but using the word "blush" is more effective.]
10:14
H : carved image
T : idols (Same as NET)
[ Isn't the TNIV wording simple?]
9:18
H : raise a lament
T : wail
[ Isn't the HCSB's wording kind of ancient?]
12:14
H : bequeathed
T : gave
[What was I saying about simplicity?]
13:4 (See also verses 7,10,11)
H : Take the underwear that you bought and are wearing
T : Take the belt you bought and are wearing around your waist
[ The NET Bible has "shorts"]
13:17
H : my innermost being will weep in secret
T : I will weep in secret
[ NET Bible : I will weep alone.]
13:18
H : Take a humble seat
T : Come down from your thrones
NET : Surrender your thrones
13:23
H : who are instructed in evil
T : who are accustomed to doing evil ( same as NET)
H = HCSB;T = TNIV
6:14
H : They have treated My people's brokenness superficially.
T : They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious.
6:15
H : They can no longer feel humiliation.
T : they do not even know how to blush.
[ Most versions render it the same as the TNIV.The word humilation captures the idea somewhat -- but using the word "blush" is more effective.]
10:14
H : carved image
T : idols (Same as NET)
[ Isn't the TNIV wording simple?]
9:18
H : raise a lament
T : wail
[ Isn't the HCSB's wording kind of ancient?]
12:14
H : bequeathed
T : gave
[What was I saying about simplicity?]
13:4 (See also verses 7,10,11)
H : Take the underwear that you bought and are wearing
T : Take the belt you bought and are wearing around your waist
[ The NET Bible has "shorts"]
13:17
H : my innermost being will weep in secret
T : I will weep in secret
[ NET Bible : I will weep alone.]
13:18
H : Take a humble seat
T : Come down from your thrones
NET : Surrender your thrones
13:23
H : who are instructed in evil
T : who are accustomed to doing evil ( same as NET)