1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Transcript of RFK Jr.'s Speech Yesterday

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Scarlett O., Aug 24, 2024.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the problem is there is no end in sight.

Harris recently doubled down on increasing the debt and increasing taxes on corporations as an "investment". Do you would have a lowered gdp and a higher debt.

I doubt the GOP would do any better.

Politics has become nothing but doing whatever it takes to get votes, not about our nation.

Insofar as the historical GOP and DNC....they no longer exist.

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gee, you sound as if you are defending her.

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "What most alarms me isn’t how the Democratic Party conducts its internal affairs or runs its candidates. What alarms me is the resort to censorship, media control, and weaponization of the federal agencies. When a U.S. president colludes with, or outright coerces, media companies to censor political speech, it’s an attack on our most sacred right of free expression. And that’s the very right upon which all of our other constitutional rights rest. "

True

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "In the name of saving democracy, a Democratic Party set itself to dismantle it. Lacking confidence that its candidate could win a fair election at the voting booth, the DNC waged continual legal warfare against both President Trump and myself. Each time that our volunteers turned in those towering boxes of the signatures needed to get on the ballot the DNC dragged us into court, state after state, attempting to erase their work, and to subvert the will of the voters who had signed those petitions. It deployed DNC-aligned judges to throw me and other candidates off the ballot and to throw President Trump in jail. It ran a sham primary that was rigged to prevent any serious challenge to President Biden. Then, when a predictably awful debate performance precipitated a palace coup against President Biden, the same shadowy DNC operatives appointed his successor, also without an election. They installed a candidate who was so unpopular with voters that she dropped out in 2020 without winning a single delegate"

Again, true. But they needed to keep the Biden-Harris funding in tact.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "They would be astonished to learn of a Democratic Party presidential nominee who, like Vice President Harris, has not appeared in a single interview or an unscripted encounter with voters for 35 days. This is profoundly undemocratic. How are people to judge when they don’t know whom they are choosing? And how can this look to the rest of the world? "

Yep. But Hart's said she would hold an interview before the end of August. She has four more days to make good on her word.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "The mainstream media was once the guardian of the First Amendment and democratic principles, but has since joined this systemic attack on democracy. Also, the media justifies their censorship on the grounds of combating misinformation, but governments and oppressors don’t censor lies, they don’t fear lies. They fear the truth, and that’s what they censor."

Absolutely true.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    President Biden stated that month that his objective in the war was regime change in Russia. His defense secretary, Lloyd Austin, simultaneously explained that America’s purpose in the war was to exhaust the Russian army and to degrade its capacity to fight anywhere else in the world. These objectives, of course, had nothing to do with what they were telling Americans about protecting Ukraine’s sovereignty.

Ukraine is a victim in this war, and it is a victim of the West… both Russia and the West. Since then, we have forced Zelenskyy to tear up the agreement. We’ve squandered the flower of Ukrainian youth. As many as 600,000 Ukrainian kids and over 100,000 Russian kids, all of whom we should be mourning, have died. And Ukraine’s infrastructure is destroyed.

8. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The reality is that there are parents that will run that risk and if you looked past your bias you would know this. They are just being foolish when they do so but it is their right to be foolish.

But on the other side did you think it was right for the government to mandate that people take the covid shots?

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now....this is true and interesting:

Here, half of Americans have prediabetes or type two diabetes. When my uncle was president, when I was a boy, juvenile diabetes was effectively nonexistent. A typical pediatrician would see one case of diabetes during his entire 40 or 50-year career. Today, one out of every three kids who walks to his office is diabetic or prediabetic, and the mitochondrial disorder that causes diabetes is also causing Alzheimer’s, which is now classified as diabetes. And it’s costing this country more than our military budget every year. There’s been an explosion of neurological illnesses that I never saw as a kid. ADD, ADHD, speech delay, language delay, Tourette’s syndrome, narcolepsy, ASD, Asperger’s, autism. In the year 2000, the autism rate was 1 in 1,500. Now autism rates in kids are 1 in 36, according to the CDC. Nobody’s talking about how 1 in every 22 kids in California has autism, and this is a crisis that 77% of our kids are too disabled to serve in the United States military.

What is happening to our country, and why isn’t this in the headlines every single day? There’s nobody else in the world that is experiencing it. This is only happening in America.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you should be advocating that Christians refrain from voting at all to make sure that they don't vote the "wrong" way.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will also say that if you are going to apply such to voting and government, then, in my opinion, you are leaving the door wide open to forming a theocracy to make sure that people are "acting" in certain ways and "not acting" in other ways.

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. Your reward is Christ. But that does not negate God's Word.

We will be judged according to our deeds and words. Christians are not saved and then free to "do as thou wilt".

"If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth"

"But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

"But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.

For it is written,

“As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall give praise to God.”

So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God."

"Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw each man’s work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man’s work. If any man’s work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward.

If any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire."

14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not my responsibility to judge the servant of Another. They will have to work out their own salvation and if saved He will make them stand.

They are accountable for their actions. I am acvountable for my actions.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those God reprobated before the world began will be judged by their works since they do not have the righteousness of Christ imputed to them. Those God elected before the world began have been judged in Christ at the cross and the righteousness of Christ is imputed to them. One cannot be "more" righteous than Christ.

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christ stood in my stead and gave account on my behalf.

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a stupid post. I don't think you thought it through all the way.

I am not applying anything to voting. I am merely stating what is in God's Word. We are acvountable for our words and deeds.

I do not know how that will look, but I acceot it is true because God has said this of believers several times in His Word.

I am applying what is directed towards Christians in Scripture to believers.

18. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you think that Jesus, Paul and Peter said that you, as a Christian, will be held accountable for your deeds and words - those with a poor account escaping as one who escapes a fire?

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    With your way of thinking, Jon, you would have Christians spending their lives walking on egg shells and trembling with fear that they said the wrong thing, or thought the wrong thing, or went a mile over the speed limit, etc., etc., etc.

20. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then let's discuss this on an appropriate thread.

@Scarlett O. posted a thread about a speech you have neither heard or read. You have nothing meaningful to contribute to the OP without knowing the topic and can only hijack this thread.

Cleaning up off topic posts.

Here is an appropriate thread:

Will God hold Christians accountable for their words and deeds?

#60 JonC, Aug 27, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2024