• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Union Baptists

evangelist6589

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
Do we have any on this board? Are they like the SBC? I see they are all over Texas and featured in the film 90 Minutes in Heaven. How are they different from the SBC?
 

InTheLight

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
I think they do foot washing, don't use musical instruments in worship. Oh, and most important for you--they aren't Calvinists, or not as Calvinistic as other groups as they will have evangelistic meetings.
 

evangelist6589

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
I think they do foot washing, don't use musical instruments in worship. Oh, and most important for you--they aren't Calvinists, or not as Calvinistic as other groups as they will have evangelistic meetings.

Foot washing heh? I remember attending a charismatic church that practiced this one. I even got my foot washed? Don't use musical instruments? Like primitive Baptists?
 

JonShaff

Fellow Servant
Site Supporter
Explain. How is it done?
Well, we first read Scripture....

John 13:3-7, 13-17 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;
He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself.
After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.
Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?
Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.
Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

And we take off our shoes and socks and partner up. We hug and pray for each other and then wash each other's feet. We take turns with the wash basin and while we are waiting we sing hymns. It's a beautiful time of fellowship with the Lord.
 
Top