franklinmonroe
Active Member
Sal, I don't know how you misunderstood what I wrote. I did not conclude that the LORD keeps the "poor and needy" simply because the "rich and powerful" are not mentioned. To the contrary, I was logically demonstrating that the verse doesn't exclude other groups. From this passage alone, with this interpretation, it can only be concluded that the "poor and needy" will be kept by Him. I am not certain that in the totallity of scriptures teaches us that there are only two (or four, depending upon how they are counted) groups of people.Salamander said:No, you have entered an ideal that causes one to conclude that only the poor and needy are kept by the LORD due to the fatc the rich and powerful are NOT mentioned. I suppose you're one fo those who believe all the rich go to hell.
I thought it was very unfair of you "to suppose" anything about me, especially to assume that I would take such an unscriptural position... I do not think that all the rich go to Hell (although Jesus did say that it would be be difficult for the rich to go to Heaven).
Again, I cannot fathom how you can make this statement. I wrote nothing of the kind. I would prefer to have a sensible discussion with you, but you seem to leap to ridiculous conclusions about my posts and resort to unfounded accusations about me personally.Salamander said:So now you're telling us all that doctrine cannot be determined by the Scripture available unless it meets your approval?
Perhaps I failed in some way to perfectly present my example; nonetheless, you judge my alleged shortcomings as being "dishonest". There is big difference between simply making a mistake, and being intentially unethical.Salamander said:No, you haven't taught anyone anything except that you are dishonest in your example. No one would think otherwise, but your love would be expressed for only your son in a specific case of singularity...
If you had used a conjunction such as "and" or "but" in your example one could come to a conclusion.
I must admit I don't know how using a conjuction improves the example, but I'll give it a try: "I will always love my son and daughters", does not logically imply that I must conversely not love my wife, my mother, my sister, Salamander, and all the other people in the world. Better?
No, I don't think that the LORD will omit any group of people, and that is the very point I made. You so often completely miss the point I am communicating that it is clear that you must be reading my message with prejudice. Again, I would like to carry on a conversation with you but unless you try harder to really understand my posts, we're not going to be able to advance the discussion. If you do not wish to debate with me that is your option. Either way, I will still love you brother.Salamander said:Do you really think the LORD would omit any group of people under the oppressive acts of others to be kept by Him? You seem to write things into the Scripture that just aren't there.
Last edited by a moderator: